Saturday, March 28, 2015

Facebook: March 2015

  • March 1
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Good night! See you tomorrow!
  • March 2
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, this is the one bus company that goes to Rio. http://www.autoviacao1001.com.br/en/
    I can´t remember the other one, but I sent Claryssa a message so I´ll let you know when she writes me back.
    oh...she just did ha
    Itapermirim
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Thanks for sending this! I had looked up tickets on the 1001 website but not on the other one. The other one looks better.
    Did we agree on a time to meet?
    I forgot if we did.
    • I forgot if we did.
      Btw... I'm closing in on 3 days without coffee!
    • Marybeth Sattler
      Marybeth Sattler
      woe...you almost made it!!!! 7 minutes!
      i don´t think we said a time...i am going to go home shower and eat...i can let you know when i am leaving and it should be about 45 min. after taht
      so maybe around 6 or 6:15
      does that work?
    • Ed Rivera
      Ed Rivera
      Yup sounds good.
      I'll be starting day 4 in 5 minutes!!
      • Ed Rivera
        I had one of those instead of coffee
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Good job! What is that a yogurt thing?
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        ok i'm leaving paca in about 5 min.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Ok see you in a bit
      • March 2
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Thank you so much for cleaning everything up yesterday when I went upstairs. I thought you were just going to put the food away, but you cleaned everything and did all the dishes! Another reason you are the best boyfriend ever. . Thank you so much!
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Of course!! Just wanted to make sure you could just get to sleep since I had already kept you up past curfew
        Thank you for hearing me out today.
      • March 3
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        So I just got out of a meeting that was all in Portuguese (except when I was talking) and I kept finding myself thinking about you instead of trying to translate the Port.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Hey I was having breakfast and thinking about you too!
        So you missed most of what was said in the meeting huh?
        Why'd you have to go to a meeting in Portuguese?
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Well I think I caught a lot of it but o kept having to pull my mind back in. The other teachers were Brazilian so they just start talking in Portuguese.
        Your brother should be here soon!
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Yup!! I'm at the airport now!!
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Ha so my uncle already posted on your wall..twice!!! Yikes, so seriously I can tell him to go easy if you want. He's a great guy, but sometimes its a bit much.
        I'm wearing the shoes you brought back for me today.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Hey, so my personal day was approved! Maybe we can buy the tickets sometime on Facetime if you want.
      • March 3
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Ha! Yeah he did but that's fine. We'll see how much more he posts lol
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        ha ya
        he was writing to me today and i said, I noticed you posted on Ed´s wall
        he was like ya is that ok
        well i hope so b/c you already did it! ha
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Awesome!! Yeah let's book the flights on FaceTime!
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Did your brother make it?
        ok cool!!!
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Yup he's here!
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        So Felipe suggested that we go hiking. So we tried to go to the park that I wanted to take you to. The one with the nice hiking trail and the waterfalls.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        the one where we had to leave early?
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        It turns out it's only 20 minutes from Felipe's house.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        It's the one I wanted to go to that day but I couldn't find it. I only found the one we actually went to.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        let me know what time is good to Facetime...I´m going to work with the guards tonight, but that is pretty flexible
        oh ok
        well now you know where it is!
        did you guys have a good hike?
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Yup now I know for next time. We didn't hike because the park was closed
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        what is it with all the parks being closed?!
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        So we drove around to Pedra Grande- where we went - and it was also closed!!
        So annoying!
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        yikes!!
        so annoying!
        oh I´m sorry what a welcome to Brazil...everything is closed
        Did you eat lunch at the airport?
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Since we were right next to it we went to that park where all those people were coming out of when we were walking back home after Pedra Grande b
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        oh ok...where that little festival was going on?
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        No it wasn't. But we saw the weirdest animals ever. They look like giant beavers.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        We didn't have lunch at the airport.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        oh those are capybara
        there are some by the marginal
        that´s what i ate in Colombia
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        No idea
        You ate them??
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        ha ya
        they were really greasy
        they are the largest rodent
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        They look like giant rats! Yuck
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        it was good at first and then i couldn´t eat anymore...they gave me lots
        ha ya pretty much!!
        grosse huh?
        another weird food
        oh ya can you send me the cow tongue picture?
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Oh they are? Makes sense. When they're laying down they look like beavers. But once they get up and walk around they look like rats!
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Yeah super gross!
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        i got really close to one in Rio actually
        Ok I´m going to go home...my long commute Let me know when/if you want to facetime...tell your brother hi for me and welcome to Brazl!
        Brazil
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Ok I will. Have a good trip home!
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        So I'm talking with my neighbor and we are talking about you and she was asking some questions she said is he calm? I said yes...etc. and I said its good b/c it balances me out. She said, well someone needs to! You have way too much energy. You do way too much. and she's totally serious...she is pretty blunt and I know that, but I thought it was rather funny.
      • March 4
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Hi! Just stopped at a place with wifi to get some info and I wanted to send you a quick message to say hi
        Have a great day
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Thanks! Glad you made it!
        Have fun today!
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        So today in my Port. class the boy I told you about shot his pen cap at the girl in there that he likes. She turned around and gave him the dirtiest look. (for a sweet girl) Then a while later he said, "Grace, did you see my pen cap?" She just gave him another dirty look. I could hardly hold my laughter in.
      • March 4
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Haha! Funny!
        How was the rest of your day?
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        We climbed something called Pedra da Gavea and my was it intense! It was a bit of light but intense climbing and a ton of hiking.
        We had to help save someone. There were rescue helicopters and a search party!
        And I am EXHAUSTED!!!
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        oh wow!!! that is crazy!!!
        What did you guys do? What happened to the person?
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Yeah it is. We would've been ok... But that happened in the hot sun so we didn't have enough water for that unexpected delay so that made us very tired.
        He was too scared to come down so we had to help him down.
        And there was a loooong bus ride back. So now we're gonna shower and grab dinner.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Oh man! That's probably why you are tired too... You need food and water after all that.
        Wow
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Yeah... I think I drank over a gallon of water today!
        And still no coffee!
        We went to Starbucks for wifi in the morning but I only had a muffin.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Oh wow! I'm super proud of you!!!
        Where are you now?
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        So when we were helping the guy... at one point he got so scared he wanted to go back up to where he was sitting, so he jerked around and twisted my wrist and slammed it on the rocks. Now it hurts like crazy!
        It didn't hurt so much at the moment but now it's hurting a lot!
        We're at a hostel. We found a place that booked a private room for my brother and me.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Oh wow! He was crazy!
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Yeah he was! It's kinda hard to write about it though so I'll tell you when i FaceTime you
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Was it just you two taking care of him?
        Ya ok
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        I mean I guess you said there was a search party
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        I called 911 but they said nobody would come.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Ok ya you can tell me on FaceTime
        Wow that's comforting
        Did they give you a Purple Heart in the end or anything
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Ha! Well my brother did most of the work. I just helped out when he was getting to the bottom.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Oh
        Wow ... Quite a day!
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Yeah quite a day!
        Hey we're gonna go eat. Do you have time to FaceTime tomorrow afternoon?
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Ok ya I teach piano until 4:30
        And I will go to the store at some point but I can do that before or after
        I have a prep period at 1;35 as well
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Ok... I'll call at 4:45ish. It'll be a light day. By then we will be sitting someplace with wifi having a snack.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Ooh maybe at 1:35
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Enjoy your well earned summer!
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        I'll let you know in the morning
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Ya that might be better
        Ok
        Thanks for messaging. Glad you are back safe and sound.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Ok Were gonna grab something quick then go to sleep.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        I miss you
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Soooo much!!!!
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        I'll see you Friday
      • March 6
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Hey, my friend who used to live in Curitiba sent me this message today.
        curitiba
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        A good tour thing for you to do there is the tourism bus. It takes you to all the main attractions and you can get off and on at ones you want to and look all on the same ticket. There is a max number of times you can get off through.Not sure what it costs now but was R$20 per person. If just ride around and don't get off it takes 2.5 hrs. One good thing is to ride around, decide what you want to see and go back to see those on your own.
      • March 10
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Hey, let me know if your brother still wants to exchange money. There is a lady here willing to do it. Here is what she said. Sempre utilizamos o câmbio do Banco Central do Brasil. Hoje é: • Dólar-dos-EUA: Data Taxa de Compra Taxa de Venda 09/03/2015 3,1012 3,1018
        Thanks,
        Telma
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        If you want I can see if she will give me the reais today and then I can get the dollars from you tonight and give them to her tomorrow. How much does your brother want to exchange?
        Also, do you know what night your parents are coming over for dinner?
        Have a good day!
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        So they are trying to get that stray dog out of here. It´s kind of funny to watch.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Hey! Yeah my brother said he would exchange $150
        We'll be by your house between 6:00 and 6:30
        I talked to my parents last night. We'll be in Rio Thursday and Friday. The missionary from their church invited them for dinner on Saturday night so they suggested dinner with you on Sunday.
        Also, they said if you wanted to hang out with us on Saturday during the day. I still have to think of something to do on Saturday.
        Ha! I wonder how that dog got in there.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Ok, I just exchanged the money if you can bring the $150 tonight.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Hey I hadn't thought about this but my brother doesn't have the money on him. We're going over to your house without stopping by my house so he won't have the money today.
      • March 11
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Hey, should I see if I can leave school early next Thursday? I think they might need to run it past administration so it might take a few days. Maybe I can ask tomorrow. Do you think that would be the easiest?
      • March 11
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Hey I think it would be easiest. I tried calling today but couldn't get thru all the different people I was getting transferred to. I'll try again tomorrow.
        I can't believe I didn't check the airport
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        There are so many things to look at and half the time its in another language
      • March 12
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Ok, so I just talked with Jen. She said there is a meeting 8th period on Thursday next week and 12 people will be involved so most likely all the subs will be used for that...however she is going to check and let me know tomorrow if I can leave early on Thursday or not.
        Its really just the last 20 min. of school because the meeting doesn´t start until 3 PM
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Oh, so how were you thinking of getting to the airport?
        I am trying to figure out how early I would need to leave PACA.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        I don´t really know any ways other than taxi...should I meet you somewhere? I probably can´t get a ride to the train b/c everyone will be working and I can´t leave the car there all weekend. So I would need to allow time to take a couple buses to the train at Primavera which might be a pain with luggage or maybe I could catch the metro at St. amaro or SP Market, but it would take a bit of time.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Anyway, I am writing lots...I guess I just need to figure out how much time to allow.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        I'm still trying to change it to Congonhas but if we can't here's my plan.
        We can leave PACA at 3:30pm and be at the Berrini station in time for a bus that goes to the airport at 4:30pm. I'll pick you up
        We should get there between 6:30pm and 6:45pm at that time. It's cutting it a bit close, but we can check in online and bypass the check-in line if we're not checking luggage.
        Do you think we need to check in bags? I have an extra suitcase that is the largest allowable check-in. I can loan it to you if you need it.
        It's a bit close but we should be able to make it without too much stress.
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Ok, I can leave at 2:20!! So don´t worry about changing it. I figured out another plan to switch some things around and Jen approved it! Ya, let´s check in online ahead. I have a suitcase that is small enough for a carry on with US airlines, but I don´t know about Brazil. Anyway, Claryssa might have one I can borrow too.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Awesome! We'll have time to eat at the airport!!
        At least a quick bite if traffic is bad
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Yea! At least some popcorn
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        So I see my uncle keeps posting on your stuff...let me know if you want me to say something to him. I'm sorry.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        I saw it but it's not a prob. You don't have to tell him
      • March 13
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Hey I sent you a message but it didn't say 'delivered'
        I was thinking of going to Embu at around 11:30, have lunch there and walk around for a bit and come back around 4.
      • Ed Rivera
        Ed Rivera
        Sorry we're actually going to mercado municipal, not Embu
      • Marybeth Sattler
        Marybeth Sattler
        Ya the power went out.
        It's on now.
        • March 14
        • Marybeth Sattler
          Marybeth Sattler
          Hey can you facetime?
          oops sorry!
          sent that to the wrong person
        • March 16
        • Marybeth Sattler
          Marybeth Sattler
          Here are some things Lauren recommended for this weekend...if you have time, a day trip to the town of Morretes would be super fun. It's an hour away but totally cute. There is also a Sunday art feira which I've heard was awesome, just not on the day we were there because of the rain.
        • Marybeth Sattler
          Marybeth Sattler
          There are tons of parks which we couldn't do because of rain and the Oscar Neimeyer museum is cheap and definitely worth a trip, especially if it's raining
        Seen Wed 2:39pm

No comments:

Post a Comment