Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Facebook: April 2014

  • April 12, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Did you finish both sets of taxes?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I did! I haven't filed my brother's though. I finished but I want to double check it with fresh eyes tomorrow or Monday.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    How was the shower?
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    sounds like a good idea...the shower was nice...I think its the 4th or 5th since i have been here and there are only 40 or 50 people at this church! There are lots of babies.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I was gonna ask you if it was a bridal or baby shower... But I guess that answers it! Does seem like a lot of them for less than a year!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ya one was a bridal shower...the rest for babies
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    So what do they do? Play a lot of girly games and eat cake?
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ha pretty much...I don't know what they say and my friend Brenda can translate a little. We didn't really understand the games tonight. I think one of them had to do with coming up with "kid songs". They would say a word and then each team had to try and think of a song with that word. (I think that was what they were doing.) Then they had people write a note and put it in this cute little bird house. I think the note was supposed to say something about how this lady would make a great mom. Then her sister spoke (a devotional I think) and then there was food, pictures of each person with the mom and the cake and then we ate cake
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Sounds like what I imagined a baby shower to be like lol!
    So the church you go to is all Portuguese?
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ha ya i was thinking (since I was just sitting there) how it is pretty similar to showers in the US ...some differences, but mostly similarities...ya it is all Port. but I think I will go to Calvary tomorrow since it is Palm Sunday. I really want to be able to understand. I won't be around for Easter so I think tomorrow will be good.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    the pastor of my church is from my city in MI though which is nice...however this year has been a bit different for them and they have been gone about as much as they have been here...I think they should be back in a week or two.
  • April 16, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey so remember I told you I was gonna review my brother's taxes and file them later? Well... About 1/2 hour ago I was in bed... going thru my mental checklist of stuff to do when... Oh no! It's April 15!! I already reviewed it but I never actually filed it so I had to get up, run downstairs (I don't have wifi in my apartment) and e-file it. Now I'm not sleepy anymore and I'm just aimlessly going thru my news feed.... Ugh! Anyway... random funny story, and now I will try to sleep. Later!
  • April 16, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Ahh so did you get it filed in time? I guess it helps that our time zone is ahead of the US. I hate it when its hard to sleep...usually its like you said, your mind won't slow down. I hope your flight is ok. I know flying all the way around the world isn't the most fun! Say hi to Manila for me!
  • April 18, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yeah I did get it filed in time! Yeah... I was having trouble falling asleep. I guess this one time it was a good thing lol ...I'll def say hi to Manila for you. And maybe... just maybe I'll try some balut (?) the duck thing lol
  • April 22, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Haha if you do you will have to let me know how it was! I hope your flight is good...it´s so long.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yeah... I still have to think about trying it though lol! My flight was ok... Really long. I slept for about 4 1/2 hours on the flight and 4 hours last night. I also watched the new Hunger Games movie. I tried working, but I'm not very good at working on the plane. Did you go to Rio over the weekend? How was it?? I still have to make time to go there!
  • April 23, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, ya the flight is soo long...I can never really sleep on planes either. I did go to Rio. It was fun..tiring but fun! I slept last night though so that was good. It was so pretty and nice to see the mountains and a beach. I went hang gliding too. I thought it would be scary but it wasn´t at all!
  • April 24, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    You went hand gliding?? No way! Sounds like fun! So do you run off of Rio's high cliffs or how does it work?
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Ya it was fun! You just run off this platform, and then you are running on the air. I thought I would be scared for sure, but I wasn't. It was so smooth and great. How has the PH been so far? Probably really hot right?!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    How do you land?? It's been good so far. I got in Wed night... too late to do anything. On Thursday I was in meetings all day so I didn't leave the hotel at all. At night I had dinner with the same people I had a meeting with. It's morning now and the first bit of free time I've had. I'm going to go walk around the city with a work friend later this afternoon.
  • April 25, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    When you land you just walk. I thought it would be hard and I would be running at first, but honestly I just took about 3 steps and it was done! It was so smooth. I think I had a good guide too. He has been doing it for 21 or 22 years. It sounds like you have been really busy! I hope you enjoyed your day...since its the end of the day there!!
  • April 25, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Wow so you're like a hand gliding expert now I definitely want to try it out!
    Yeah been a bit busy. I was exhausted by the time I saw your message. Still haven't adjusted from jet lag. Today I'm going to this volcanic lake called Lake Taal. It's supposed to be really nice. In the afternoon we have an organized tour that's part of the conference to Intramuros and Fort Santiago. It should be a nice day. Anyway, how was your week?
  • April 26, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    How was the Lake? I have never been there. That´s the place with the "Chocolate Hills" right? I did go to Intramuros/Fort Santiago. It was nice and I learned some of the history of the Philippines. I remember our guide telling us it was good that we came from the US to the PH and spent our money there in the PH. ha My week has been good. Today we went out to lunch for Emily´s birthday. I´m going to go over to her apt. in a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment