Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Facebook: December 2013

  • December 7, 2013
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, how are you doing? I see you taught a class. Was that for work? How did it go? My parents are coming for a week at Christmas. I heard you went with Emily and Elizabeth to a place where you can see the whole city. I'm not sure if we will have time, but if so I think it might be fun to show them. Do you know how I could get there on public or could you tell me the name of the place?
  • December 8, 2013
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey Marybeth... I'm great! How are you? Yeah I taught some high school students for a day. It was for a program called Junior Achievement. I had the class all day and have them a tour of the college we were at. The morning was intense but it got easier after lunch. It's awesome that your parents are going down for Christmas! The place we went to is called Pico do Jaragua. It's really nice... There's a trail and you can hike up or you can drive up. I think you can get near the park using public transit but I'm not sure how close... It is a bit far. It's about a 30 min drive north (without traffic) from Calvary. I hope you're able to make it... It's a really nice place.
  • December 8, 2013
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Oh I remember Junior Achievement from high school. It always seemed like a good program. If I remember correctly we learned about economics which was interesting ot me. Thanks for the information about Pico do Jaragua. ~Marybeth
  • December 8, 2013
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yup... personal finance, career and job readiness and stuff like that. They took a field trip to a college campus and this was an all day course.
    Hope you can make it to Pico do Jaragua!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Very cool! I hope I can make it too. If I don't have time with my parents maybe I can go later. Thanks for the name!
  • December 17, 2013
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey will you be with your family in Chicago for Christmas?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Are you ready to show your parents around São Paulo? Do you think you'll get to go to Pico do Jaragua?
  • December 19, 2013
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    I am ready to show them around! A friend is taking us to a few places next Saturday and I asked about going to Pico do Jaragua, but she said she wasn´t sure how to get there...maybe I will go after they leave some other time or maybe we will figure it out
  • December 27, 2013
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey I just got my ticket to the Philippines!!
    I wasn't able to get as much extra time after working there to be a tourist because I have to be back for a conference. But I still have a few extra days!
  • December 28, 2013
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    oh yea!! I'm excited for you! What are the dates you will be there?
  • December 29, 2013
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Im there from Apr 22 - 28, but I work from the 24th to 28th. I'm losing almost 2 days because I had to fly to Hong Kong then getting a separate flight to the Philippines. Flying direct was way to expensive.
    But I'm still excited!
  • December 29, 2013
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Oh great! Yes, most people go through Hong Kong or Japan depending on the airlines. It does take forever to get there!
  • December 31, 2013
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, are you back in Brazil?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yup, I got back yesterday.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ahh nice my parents left yesterday
    i dont think they are home yet
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Cool... I'm sure you liked showing them around SP. Did they like it? It is a loooong trip.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Yes, it was so nice and they really enjoyed it. They do hate the long flight though! I checked and they just landed
    are you running the race on Paulista tonight?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I'm guessing they have to connect somewhere to get to Michigan... Makes the trip even longer.
    I'm not running. I didn't sign up for it in time. It was this morning.
    I'm kind of glad I didn't... I couldn't sleep all night because of the time difference so I couldn't wake up in the morning.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ya they had a 6 hour layover in chicago...oh i thought the race was tonight..probably a good idea not to run a race right after an overnight flight!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yeah that wouldn't have been the best race. But I am kind of bummed because I did train for it.
    And since high school I have never run that much... so I was kinda proud of my training lol
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    It was a 15k
    I got up to 9 miles in my training... a tad bit short of 15 k
    The longest I had done before this is 5 miles.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    oh that would have been a cool accomplishment ...maybe next year! It's a bummer after all that work.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yeah... Next year. But it did help me start being more fit so it still helps.
    Any New Year's plans?
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    that's true
    um i am going to some fireworks, but I just found out that is not until 11
    or 11:30
    so I think I am going to Calvary first
    you?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I'm gong to clavary first
    Then dinner with a family that invited me.
    I was planning on changing my flight to still be in Chicago but I couldn't.
    Had to be back.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    that sounds nice..I love how other families just take you in when you are away from your own family
    oh because of the airlines or work?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Because of work... And because I have to be back in the States for a wedding.
    So I had to work here this week.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    I bet you get sick of the plane!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I do sometimes!
    But waiting around airports for hours and hours is worse!
    When I go to America for work from brazil it's always nice because it's an overnight flight and I can just sleep since they pay for first class. But if I go on my own like for this wedding... then I buy economy and it's not as comfortable.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    oh ya ...no fun! Well I haven't showered yet today so I have to go. Maybe I'll see you tonight
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Ok see you later
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ah ya 1st class would probably be good
    ok bywe
    bye

No comments:

Post a Comment