Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Facebook: June 2014

  • June 1, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey! So I looked at my flights and it turns out that I fly thru DC on a totally different flight later in June. I do fly back to São Paulo on June 8 but that day I fly thru Chicago. It gets kind of confusing with all these flights... And I don't have the best memory in the world lol
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Anyway my trip here has been super busy... Today as part of the conference we did a walking tour of Barcelona. It is a pretty amazing city!
    So that driver never said why exactly he cancelled. He just said he was sorry. So are your kids all ready for their play and end of the year stuff? And are you almost ready for Europe?? I'm sure you'll have a blast! I finish up working here on Wednesday morning, then I'll have until Saturday to be a tourist.
  • June 3, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Ha, I don't know how you keep all your flights straight! Where are you going later in June? One more day of work and then you get to do some sight-seeing! Should be fun. My kids did a really really great job for their play. They were really cute and remembered pretty much everything they were supposed to do/say. I am ready for Europe too...well of course I have a bit more packing to do...5 days!!!
  • June 5, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey! Glad it all worked out with the kids! I saw a pic on Facebook as part of your blog... at the moment I didn't get a chance to read the blog post though. But yeah my flights are a mess! One time I showed up to the airport a day early (actually I reserved the ticket with the wrong date). The lady at the counter laughed and laughed and literally laughed out loud! For like 2 min! She felt bad about it and ended up changing it for free!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Anyway, in June I'm going to Houston and Panama. I have a layover in DC because that was the only cheap flight I could find back to Brazil... with the World Cup and stuff.
  • June 6, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Haha, that was nice of the lady at the airport counter. It is crazy some of the places people end up on layovers and how that can actually save money even though it is so far out of the way. Are you going to any of the World Cup games? Have a good weekend!
  • June 7, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yeah I think airline pricing policies are insane! Who knows how they work it out. Nope... I didn't get tickets for the World Cup. Are you gong to any? I'll just watch on tv! You too... Have a good wknd!
  • June 12, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, no I will be in Europe and MI during the World Cup. We will probably watch some of it. Have a great day!
  • June 12, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey! How was your flight into Europe? You're there now right?? I ended up staying in Chicago for 2 days on the way back. The airline let turn the layover into a stopover. I got here and went straight to a churrasco to watch the Brazil opening game! They just won!!
    Oh... And my phone never completely restored but I do have some pics from Manila... But I lost the one where I was in the Jeepney
  • June 15, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, our flight was ok. It was 5 hours late leaving from DC, but we made it in the end. I am glad you were able to stay with your family a bit in Chicago. A churrasco sounds like the perfect place to watch the opening game. We watched it a little bit in Berlin. Thanks for the pictures. Isn't it hot there!!! I love the pictures.
  • June 19, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey! How's Europe?? Yeah stopping by Chicago on my way here was great. You said you were stopping in Michigan on your way back right?? Yeah the opening game with churrasco was pretty good. I haven't watched a full soccer game since 2 world cups ago! Now I've watched like 3 games in one week!!
    It's definitely hot in Manila!! What's it like in Europe? Are you having fun? Where have you been so far! Talk to you later!!
  • June 20, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, Europe is amazing! I can't believe I am here experiencing all this. I feel really blessed to have such an amazing opportunity. Anyway, yes I am going to MI for a couple of weeks and I am so excited about that too!!! I like your little soccerball icon. Europe has been really pleasant weather wise so far. One day in Paris it rained all day and we had two outdoor tours. That was rather miserable, but the rest of the time has been perfect!!! We are having a really great time. We have been to Paris, Berlin, Prague, Salzburg (Austria), Venice, and today we go to Rome. Have a great day!
  • June 21, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    It is amazing isn't it?? And wow!! You've been to many cities already!! I've never been to any of those cities before. When do you leave Europe for Michigan? It's great you've had great weather to see everything! São Paulo has turned a bit "chilly" in the 60s and everyone is wearing winter coats haha
  • June 21, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Yes it is so great! I leave here on July 2nd so about a week and a half. I am excited for that too!! That is funny about the winter coats, but I know it does get really cold when you never have any heat! How long are you there before you leave again?
  • June 22, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Wow you've done so much and still have plenty of time left to do so much more! For now I don't have a flight until mid-July when I go to Panama. I was supposed to go to Ecuador at the end of June or early July, but I don't have tickets yet and I'm trying to postpone it. I have actually been having a blast with all the World Cup festivities!!! Honestly. I did not expect I would have this much fun because I don't really like soccer. But there's people here from all over, plus the US is playing really well... We can actually advance to the next round! Unheard of for US Soccer!! So I'm trying to push my trip back. If it doesn't fit into my august schedule I'm. Gonna have to go next week.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    So... On another note, I'm actually moving back to the US. I spoke with my boss while I was in Spain and the date is stil tentative but I think I'm returning sometime in September.
    Anyway... Onto you and your trip. Have you seen other stuff in the last few days? Have you been on the trains? Drinking good coffee and eating great chocolate??
    See you later! Have fun and enjoy Europe!!
  • June 24, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, it looks like you have been enjoying the World Cup from your pictures. I am glad it is going well and not too crazy. Are you excited to move back to the US? It might be nice to be in one place a bit more. We will miss you in Brazil though! It sounds like you will still be there for a bit though after we get back from MI. We have seen a lot. Everyday is pretty packed and it is good. Today we saw the Acropolis, stood on the steps where Paul gave his sermon regarding the "unknown god", and put my feet in the Mediterranean! That was nice. We have taken quite a few trains. I actually don't drink coffee, but my friends have been enjoying it. I think we might get really good chocolate in Switzerland. Today we had some really good gyros. Have a great day and enjoy the rest of the World Cup!!
  • June 27, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Wow how awesome to be going to the same spots Paul went and see some of the same sights! Glad you're enjoying it. I've never been a fan of gyros (I don't like lamb), but I bet you'll have great chocolate in Switzerland! And you really are missing out on the coffee lol!
    I am excited to be getting back to the US! After 2 years I think it's time. I will miss Brazil but I also want to get back.
    Enjoy the rest of your trip!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Ha, my gyros had chicken. I hope to try some chocolate. I bought some for my friends back home. Things here in Switzerland are really expensive! Talk to ya later.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yeah it is insanely expensive there! Talk to you later! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment