Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Facebook: September 2014

  • September 1, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey Marybeth! Remember that Indian couple I was telling you about? So tomorrow we're going to an authentic Indian restaurant owned by an Indian friend of theirs. A bunch of us are going, and I was wondering if you wanted to come. I know it's tough to get out here on a weekday, but we can give you a ride back after dinner. Felipe told me he invited somebody else from PACA (don't remember her name), so if you'd like to come maybe you guys can come together.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I'll ask Felipe who he invited and let you know who it is.
  • September 2, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Yes! She just told me about it this morning. Her name is Lauren and she is the new kindergarten teacher. Thanks for the invitation. Did you get everything moved?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I don't think I've met her before. Yes! I finally got my stuff moved. I was running around a bit, but I was all done by 8pm on Sunday!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Yea! Where is the restaurant and what time are you all thinking?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Great! The restaurant is in Vila Mariana
    Rua Padre Machado, 137 - Vila Mariana, São Paulo - SP, 04119-060, Brazil
    Samosa & Co.
    If it's easier for you to go by Calvary, by my house, or by some other Metro stop we can pick you up.
    We're thinking 7:00, but with traffic and stuff I'm thinking it will be more like 7:30 or 7:45
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I get out of work at 6 and it's kind of close to me.
  • September 2, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, Lauren wants to take the train/metro so she can learn public a little better. We will meet you guys at the stop by the restaurant. I think she messaged Felipe. See you soon!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Ok see you later!
  • September 4, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, do you need a waterbottle for Sunday? My roommates have a bunch we can borrow if you want.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yeah that would be awesome! Thanks!
    I'm excited!!
  • September 5, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey Anya is in town and tomorrow were going around São Paulo visiting museu de futebol (football museum) with some of her Brazilian friends. After that we're going to Living Stones. Do you want to come with us?
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Ya, that would be great! What time and where should I meet you guys?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I think we'll decide that in the morning, based on everybody else who is coming. But the museum closes at 4:30pm (last entry at 3:30).
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Ok I'll message you in the morning. See you tomorrow!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Sounds good, thanks!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey does Anya want to come Sunday ?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I just thought of that!
    We should invite her... We're meeting for lunch tomorrow at 12:30 - 1:00.
    Her hotel is near the Berrini station where I dropped you off on Sunday.
    Does that work for you?
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Ok should I meet you there?
    Ya that is good
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Ok we're meeting at the Hilton at 12:30. It's close to the station. I could stop by and wait for you to show you where it is.
    Anya said she already has plans for Sunday
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Ok cool...what time should I get to the station?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    12:15ish... It's close by
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Ok sounds good, thanks!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Goodnight!
  • September 8, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, Anya and I are meeting at the mall at 5:30 where we ate lunch last Sunday across from the juice station. If you get out of work later just let us know and we can tell you where we are. Have a great day!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Sounds good! I'm getting out of work between 4:30 - 5:00. I'll go to the mall. Enjoy Ibirapuera park!
  • September 9, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    So I finally bought my ticket!
    I leave tomorrow night
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    yea! good job! Well, it´s sad that you won´t be here, but I am glad you got your ticket.
  • September 9, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I know I should've made 2 separate trips so I could spend more time here.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Did you have a good day back after a long weekend?
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, ya we watched Charlotte's Web this afternoon b/c we finished the book this morning. It was fun.
    Are you packing
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Ooh yeah I remember Charlotte's web!
    Ugh! I should be... I hate packing!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Ya I love that story! I hate it too...I never know what I should bring/leave.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I can usually figure it out in minutes... But the work of packing it and make in it fit annoys me lol
    I'm a big procrastinator when it comes to packing
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ya i keep putting it off too b/c otherwise I pack things I want to use later
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    I'm talking with my grandma and she told me 6 times that she choked on her chicken sandwich.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Wow she must have really been choking! Was she ok?
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ha ya, she is just bored and forgets that she has told me so she tells me again and again, now she is telling me how many minutes to brush my teeth
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Ah I see haha
    Yeah my grandma stopped doing that because then nobody would answer the phone when she called lol
    It's her 80th bday in October and were having a big party for her!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    oh fun! will you get to be there?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yup! It'll be just before a business trip I have in New York so I'll be in Chicago!
    My grandma actually moved to Houston, but most of her close friends & fam are in Chicago so were having it there
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    oh well everything works out then...that is great!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yup! It's perfect!
    The weekend before that I am driving with my brothers to Atlanta for a Christian leadership conference
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    oh that sounds nice
    have you been to the conference before?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yeah this will be my 3rd year going. It's really good! A lot of great speakers and good material
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    oh what is it called?
  • September 10, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey so I'm at the airport and I'm off. See you in a couple of weeks!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    oh I was just going to ask what time your fight is
    be safe and have fun in the Galapogos
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    It's at 9:00pm
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ok not too much longer
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Thanks! Ooh I haven't bought my Galapagos tickets yet!
    The price actually went down so for once it's a good thing I didn't.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    do you have to work in the morning right after an overnight flight?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Most of the time I do. Unless there's a big time zone difference. But they pay for business class so I can sleep and be able to work.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ok, that is good
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yeah definitely makes the trip easier.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Oh I never asked... Did the smell ever get fixed??
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ahh yes! I don't know how, but the next day it was gone. I think there is a drainage problem ,but that night was really bad!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    That's good! Glad it got fixed!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ya! you haven't taken off yet?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Nope! We're delayed
    They said there's congestion
    And it'll be a while before were off
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    that's always fun!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    They also said there's storms in Central America that were flying around and it's gonna be a long we flight.
    But on the plus side... They have Mrs Doubtfire on the entertainment system!
    I've been wanting to re-watch it for a while
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ha oh that is a cute movie!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    And were off! Talk to you later!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    great! See you later
  • September 12, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey how's it going? Houston is hot Did you have a good week?
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, glad you made it! How hot is it there? My week was good. Tomorrow I am going to see Anya again so I am excited for that. How about you? Have you been busy with work?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    It's like 90* but very humid and sticky. I've been a bit busy, but I lost like half a day of work yesterday. So I went out for a jog in the morning and I didn't plan my route before I left. I wasn't thinking, just running... Then I realized I ran too far. I was actually near my grandma's house and I was too tired and dehydrated to run back to where I started so I ran to my grandma's.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I ended up running 7 miles when I only planned to do 3! My grandma didn't even know I was in town and I walked into the house all sweaty lol!
    She was actually making hash browns and pancakes when I got there! She made me some eggs and made it a full breakfast!
    Anyway... Next time I'll know to plan ahead next time I go for a run in an unfamiliar area!
    Anyway... Have fun tomorrow and say hi to Anya!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Wow, 90 is hot even without humidity. I bet your grandma was happy to see you... Even if you were a little sweaty. . Yesterday I ran a little over 4 1/2 miles, so not 7 but I was happy because I hurt my knee a while back and that's the farthest I have run since. Have a good night!
  • September 14, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yeah I don't usually run that much! I've been sore ever since lol! But 4 1/2 is really good!
  • September 14, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Now it is pretty hot here too! I'm not sure what the temperature is, but it is warm!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I remember it was really hot the day I left too. I just got into Ecuador! I'm standing in the immigration line and there's a big sign that says were at 0* latitude. But it's cool here because were in the mountains. 55* according to my phone with a low of 46. That's great because I'm tired of hot weather!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I missed the Bears game! It was on while I was in the air. But we won!!
  • September 16, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, so how is Ecuador? I am glad it is a little cooler there. I remember when I was there we were up in the mountains and it was cooler as well. It´s too bad you missed the Bears game, but glad you won! Soon you will be in the Galapagos!
  • September 17, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey! Ecuador is great! I've been able to see a few things in Ecuador I had not seen before. They took me to this nice Ecuadorian restaurant and they told me that if I ordered a local fruit flavored ice cream it would come with a surprise....
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    When they brought the ice cream out they sounded this loud gong or bell thing, turned off the lights, and this KKK looking fellow brought it out. I had no idea what was going on!
    Turns out the KKK looking costume is what some Catholics wear for penance... They wear this and hurt themselves while marching to pay for their sins.
    Anyway... Today I made it to the Galapagos! After I landed here I had to take a bus, a ferry, a car, and a small boat to get to where I am staying! It looks very nice so far, and I going on a tour tomorrow!
  • September 18, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    YIKES!!! That would scare me! Thanks for the picture. I was wondering if you made it to the Galapagos. It sounds like you are really out there since you had to take so many kinds of transportation to get there. You will have to tell me about the tour. I bet it will be really interesting!
  • September 24, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey! So it's been a crazy week! I've been in Venezuela since Sunday night and leaving early in the morning. Things are pretty bad here... politically and economically.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Anyway... Galapagos was awesome!! I went on the tour and saw sea loons, iguanas, blue-footed birds, and a lot of other stuff. There was a group, they took us on a boat out to another island about 2 hours away. We hiked on the island then went snorkeling! I saw turtles and a some sea lions were swimming right next to me! I also saw a lot of colorful fish. They cooked and served lunch right on the boat!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    The next day I went scuba diving! It was AMAZING! I haven't had a chance to post pics but I'll show you a few... And I swam with sharks!! White-tipped and hammer heads!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    In Venezuela I was gonna go to this cool island with coral reefs to snorkel but the flight was canceled and that was the only day I could go.
    So enough about my trip... How are you? How is work? I'll be back on Saturday morning so see you in your backyard for the church picnic
  • September 27, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    What was Venezuela like? Did you see crazy things going on there? I love your underwater pictures!! It sounds like a really great experience. Did you see any sea turtles? I'm not sure if they even live in that part of the ocean. How was it swimming with the sharks? Did they get close to you? I did that in the Philippines, but it was in a pool and the sharks were only about 3 or 3 1/2 feet long. ...big enough for me, but not deadly Do the people there think it is normal to swim with sharks? Work is great. I just love first grade and PACA. Today we had the kick off for our month long reading contest. It is a really fun day our principal plans for the kids and a really easy day for teachers! It is a lot of fun, and I love that she promotes literacy. Like you said I'll see you tomorrow in our backyard! Have a good night and a safe flight.
  • September 30, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey so I'm at the airport and I'm off soon! I never did reply to your message above lol... I'll tell you all about Venezuela and Galapagos later. See you later

No comments:

Post a Comment