- January 5, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey I went up the mountain today!i went to the early service at Calvary and then we went after thatpico ....etc. I can't remember how to spell it
- Ed RiveraAwesome! Did you hike up or drive up?The view is amazing isn't it??
- Marybeth Sattlerwe hiked up...it was nice yes so amazing!! We still could not see everything...which is what I have heard, but WOW!!there must be hundreds of skyscrapers!
- Ed RiveraRight? It's stunning. I think I read somewhere that SP is the city with the 3rd most high rises in the world.After NY and Hong KongYou definitely see it from up there!
- Marybeth Sattleroh really? I have never been to NY, but I have been to Hong Kong...I was thinking SP looked like it had more, but I bet I could not see all of Hong Kong
- Ed RiveraYeah you can't see it all... I guess that makes it even more amazing. It's so big!Do you like Hong Kong? I'm gonna overnight there twice... On my way to Manila and on my way back.
- Marybeth Sattlerya it was funi was there for new year's...they had lots of fireworks and all...my cousin was with me so it was specialwe went up some trolly car to this big buddah...not that i'm really into that, but it was cool to see a temple and monks, and that is where I had my view of the cityi think its a rather famous placei remember we ate a lot when we were there, and we did some shoppingmy cousin's father-in-law is from there so he took us aroundI think its called Tian Tan Buddah
- Marybeth Sattlerthere is a little hike (paved) after the trolly car ride and along that hike I got many views of the city...there is another building...I think it's called the International Finance Center (IFC) that is the tallest building in Hong Kong...I could be wrong though...it was 7 years ago, we also went to the symphony...I think my cousin's husband and his dad do that every New Year's Eve.
- Ed RiveraSounds like a cool place... I'll look it up to see if I have time for a quick trip up there. I won't have much time but I want to see one cool thing while in there.
- Marybeth Sattlerya that's the main thing i remember, and you get a good view of the city...i feel like i have talked to others who have been there and most people go there when they visityou can do it in less than a day
- Ed RiveraCool I'll definitely check it out.Are you tired from the hiking?
- Marybeth Sattlerno it wasn't too bad...the weather was nice today
- Ed RiveraYeah it wasn't as hot as yesterday.
- Marybeth Sattlerright
- January 11, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHave you been to Iguazu Falls?
- Ed RiveraNo I haven't... Top on my list of things to do in Brazil!Planning a trip there?
- Marybeth Sattlerno i just got home today...it is AMAZING...quite possibly one of the best places I have ever visited!
- Ed RiveraReally?? No way!I've been wanting to go there since I got to brazil!Was it big? Nice? Was it warm? Do you have pics?Lots of ?s lol... But I really want to go there ha
- January 12, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey, sorry my roommate and I started talking last night, but yes, yes, and yes!! It was HUGE! Have you been to Niagara? It makes Niagara look tiny. It's like comparing the traffic in SP to the traffic in Grand Rapids. There are so many waterfalls...150-300 depending on how much rain they have recently had. It was really hot...around 33 deg. C, but we took a little boat ride under the falls one day and so we got wet. I have so many pictures, but I'm not sure they really show it well. It was hard to capture. Anyway, I'll post them soon. I might go again with a friend from the US. If we go I can let you know.
- Ed RiveraWow sounds amazing! Yeah I went to Niagara when I was a kid. Sounds like that's nothing compared to this. I actually didn't realize it was a lot of different falls. But yeah I'd love to go there.
- Marybeth Sattlerya everyone kept telling me how great it was, but I didn't really get it...now I turned into one of those people I thinkI'm off to church have a good evening
- Ed Riveraok have a good evening at church.
No comments:
Post a Comment