Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Facebook: October 2013


Marybeth Sattler and Ed Rivera are now friends.

  • Conversation started October 14, 2013
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    hey have a safe flight today! Do you fly out tonight?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Thanks! Yup... my flight is at 9pm.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    I'll wave hello to Michigan for you from the window lol
  • October 15, 2013
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Michigan says hi back... Ha jk I was knocked out sleeping til we landed lol
  • October 15, 2013
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    Oh thanks! I'm glad you slept well. Tonight I was thinking about how close you are to MI. Enjoy your time!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Thanks! I sure will!! It's funny because they have these Pure Michigan ads all over Chicago.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    ha oh i used to love those

    good ole Tim Allen

    and then the billboards had really beautiful pictures

    when my friend from CA visited this summer I made sure she heard one on the radio
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Yup! You can't turn on the radio or drive around here without running into one

    Michigan is invading Illinois!! Lol
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    haha oh boy

    I would say "yea!", but you might not like that

    but I like Chicago a lot too...both are nice places
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Yeah maybe not! Haha... But yeah you're right Chicago is great... and Michigan is ok
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Ha! Jk... I actually like Michigan a lot. I had many summer camps there when I was younger.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    oh which camps did you go to?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Miracle Camp in Lawton and another one... I can't remember the name.

    But mostly miracle camp.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    oh ok i have never heard of that one

    where in MI is it?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    It's in a town called Lawton. I think the closest city is Kalamazoo.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    oh ok

    i went to Pine Ridge, and Lake Ann and my brother went to Lincoln Lake
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Ok Pine Ridge sounds familiar... I think I've been there but I have to look at pictures to be sure.

    I have a bad memory lol
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    ha ya its not too far from GR...maybe 30-45 min. north
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Haha so close to where you lived. I only went there once or twice. The rest of the time I went to miracle camp.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    Ya I went there 2 or 3 times and the rest of the time up to Lake Ann which is near Traverse City maybe 2.5-3 hours north west
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Oooh I've never been that far north in Michigan. Must be nice up there.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    oh it is really beautiful
  • October 20, 2013
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Hey Marybeth hope you hade a good Sunday! So it was bugging me that I couldn't remember the camp we were talking about the other day so I randomly asked my dad if he remembered lol! It was Pine Ridge just outside of Grand Rapids! Random lol
  • October 21, 2013
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    Oh that's cool! I just went there for a few years maybe 3 or so and then I started going to Lake Ann which is up by Traverse City.
  • October 31, 2013
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Hey! So I just found out I've been scheduled to be in the Philippines for a week next March! You'll have to give me some pointers for stuff to do around Manila!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    Oh really! That is so cool! Will you be there on a Sunday? You could go to my church. There are a few good churches there that are really big. There are smaller ones too, but the bigger ones are probably easier to get to. People there speak a lot more English there than here too so that will be nice. I will warn you Manila is not so pretty and it doesn't smell pretty either. Of course the beautiful places are outside of the city, but I am assuming you will be in Manila the whole time? Oh and one other thing, March, April and May are the hottest months so you won't need a jacket! Anyway, I would love to chat about it sometime when you are back if you want.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Oh wow so I'll have to be ready for the heat huh? I don't have my travel plans set yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be there for a Sunday. I'll only be in Manila for work but I'm going to try to set a few days aside to just go out and explore so maybe I'll get a chance I get out of Manila.
    Yeah let's talk when I'm back! I get into São Paulo tomorrow morning! I'm kind of glad to be getting back.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler


    Cool, maybe I'll see you Sunday because I am going to Calvary in the morning. Have you been in Chicago this whole time? I thought I heard Elizabeth or someone else mention you were traveling.
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera


    Great! See you Sunday! No, after Chicago I went to England for a week. I'm on a layover in Newark on my way back to São Paulo.

No comments:

Post a Comment