- March 3, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey! Did you switch apartments yet? I finally moved on Saturday. It took me all day! But mostly because I was being lazy and taking long breaks lol! I do have more stuff than I thought I did! Now I'm leaving on a trip and everything in my apt is a mess! It was hard to pack with everything all over the place. Were you able to get out to that farm after all?
- March 4, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey, no I didn't. I am waiting for the final approval. I'm glad you got moved! Did you have anyone to help you? Do they even have moving trucks here? I hope your trip goes well. When will you come back? Its never fun to come home to a messy place...hopefully you will have time to get it a little more organized before you have to leave again! I did go to the farm Friday-Monday night. It was nice. Now I am back here just getting some things done. I really liked being with a Brazilian family all that time. It helped my Portuguese a lot too. I wish I could live with Brazilians more often! Happy Fat Tuesday!
- March 11, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey did you get final approval for your new place yet? I was having a friend help me but he didn't come til the afternoon and I did everything in the morning. It was ok though... Not that bad. I don't have a ton of stuff and I didn't move very far. No moving trucks that I know of but I did a combo of walking, bus, and cabs. I'm glad you had fun at the farm. I could sure use some practice for my Portuguese! I had a pretty intense week and relaxing weekend. I worked in Mexico and felt like I didn't have a minute to myself. But it had a long weekend in Houston with friends and family. I went to the rodeo! That was quite a Texan experience lol! I saw the live birth of a baby cattle, and a lamb! Pig races, ate some good BBQ, chocolate dipped bacon, peach cobbler, funnel cakes and more! I'm still stuffed lol! Talk to you later! Have a good night (or day when you see this :))
- March 11, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey, so I moved in Sat. Things are going well so far...a few minor glitches (stove doesn´t work and shower door doesn´t close), but I submitted a request today to have them fixed, so hopefully in the next couple of days things will be good with that. I have a larger room and a larger desk so that is nice! How are you adjusting? I didn´t have much to move either so it was pretty easy. My Portuguese teacher told me today that she can no longer teach me! She is working on her thesis and is having some health problems. We haven´t met much since Dec. I hope I can find a new teacher soon! (or maybe I should go live on the farm and learn that way!) It sounds like you had a nice time in Houston...all that food is making me hungry! What did you think of the chocolate bacon? I have seen it, but never felt a strong desire to try it. I have not been to a rodeo, but it sure seems like a good thing to do if you are in Texas. Have a great day!
- March 14, 2014
- Ed RiveraA larger room and desk sounds great! Both my new room and new desk are smaller. Hopefully you get those glitches sorted out soon. I was only there 2 nights before I left so I haven't had much time to adjust yet.So if your Portuguese teacher is gone I think you have to spend more time on the farm! lol! I only had a teacher for a few weeks because I was always out of town and our schedules didn't work out. But I know Spanish and that's a good base lol!I did enjoy Houston! The bacon was good... then bad, then AWESOME.. Then bad again lol! Then kind of good again towards the end.Yeah it was my first time at the rodeo but definitely something to do in Texas. I guess it's like a very Texan state fair but more intense. Lol!Have a good day!
- March 16, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey, ya the stove is fixed and so is my shower so everything works great now! You are right...I probably should go to the farm and learn some Portuguese while I learn about ducks and horses! The bacon sounds interesting. Well, Happy Sunday!
- March 16, 2014
- Ed RiveraGreat! so now you're all settled in? Yeah... Ducks and horses... Sounds like what you need to learn about hahaYeah the bacon was a bit interesting lolSo now I'm finally heading back to brazil! Leaving tonight and I should be back in the morning. Happy Sunday... and Monday!
- March 18, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerYa, I'm all settled in. I really like it here so far. Did you make it back? Maybe now you'll be here long enough to settle in a bit!
- March 20, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey Marybeth! I am back! Glad you like your new place. I'm not entirely sure about mine yet. The building is really nice and it's only 4 blocks away from work so I can't complain about that! But the apt is a bit small. Yeah maybe now that I'm her I can settle in a bit... But not if I keep having days like today! Today was insane! One of those days when you're running around but feel like nothing was accomplished... And long. Anyway... hope you had a better day then me!
- March 20, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerWelcome back! Sorry your day was so crazy yesterday...was it work? Well we have a conference at Graded Intl. School this weekend. I have never been there but I hear it is really nice. I guess it is one of the most expensive schools in the world! Talk to you later.
- Ed RiveraThanks! It was mostly work and running some errands. What kind of conference is it? So that's like the school that all the rich people send their kids to? Hope you like it and enjoy the conference.
- March 20, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerIt is a conference for all the schools in South America. There are over 900 people here! Yes, it is the school for all the rich people.
- March 21, 2014
- Ed RiveraWow that's pretty cool! So you get to meet a lot of people that are in schools all over South America! Sounds like it'll be a good weekend!
- March 21, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerYa, it is nice and it's all in English which is helpful.
- March 22, 2014
- Ed RiveraThat always makes it easier! So what are these conferences about? How to be a better teacher and stuff?
- March 23, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerThe focus of a lot of the sessions revolved around technology. It was interesting to hear the perspectives of the presenters (who were not Christian). We had a Buddhist meditation time at the beginning of a group session. Also it was interesting to hear their ideas about privacy for children, how much time they should spend online, if children need to understand the difference between what is real (true) and what isn't etc. Are you past your jet-leg?
- March 24, 2014
- Ed RiveraSounds interesting.... I'm sure technology can impact kid in good and bad ways. Interesting to get many perspectives... So what do Buddhists do at meditation time? I always figured they just sat there. Not sure what they think about since they don't have the same concept of God.I don't think I'm past it yet. It's hard because it's only 2 hours and I'm not forced to adjust. I haven't had to wake up early so I've been going to sleep late here (normal time in Houston) and I haven't had to wake up early for work. So I guess I haven't forced myself to adjust.I'm traveling today but at least I'm in the same time zone so it's not too bad.
- March 24, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerMeditation time, well he just told us to hum...start softly, get louder, and then end softly. I think you are supposed to clear your mind? Where did you travel to today?
- Ed RiveraI think we did that in high school once... at gym. I'm in Uruguay. Montevideo is a nice seaside city... Not exactly a beach town though. I had a nice day... I didn't have any meetings scheduled so I worked by the shoreline. It was really nice. I did have a work dinner though... they eat so late! They called me in the afternoon to ask me to join them for dinner... Then they said "ok, we'll pick you up at 10:30" inside I was like what?? ...but I just told them ok. Apparently they always eat this late.
- March 26, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerYikes! 10:30! The first time I went to the farm with my friends here we ate at 11:00 PM as well. I was STARVING! I knew they ate late here, but getting picked up at 10:30 is really late!!
- March 27, 2014
- Ed RiveraYeah I was starving too! I didn't want to eat because it wouldn't be polite if I was full at dinner. So you having a good week?
- March 28, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerYes, it´s been good. Today I went to the Federal Police for most of the day to do document work. Tomorrow we have our International Festival at school during the day. How about you?
- March 28, 2014
- Ed RiveraUgh! If there's something I don't like is going to government offices to process documents! The international festival sounds cool... Earlier today someone posted info about it on the Livingstones group on Facebook. Are you doing something for the festival?My week was good. I was in Porto Alegre yesterday and got back today. But the building lost the key to my apartment so I can't get in! They asked me to leave it before I left town so they could make a copy of it. Now they lost it! Hopefully they find it soon!
- Marybeth SattlerOh no!!! That sounds awful!How long have you been locked out?
- March 29, 2014
- Ed RiveraI went out with some guys from Calvary instead of waiting. When I got back I had to wait some more so I went to this paderia near my house and randomly ran into somebody else from church. Turns out he lives right across the street from me.By the time I got back the second time they opened the door with a master key and said to pick up the key later.
- Marybeth SattlerWow, good thing there were so many people from Calvary around! Speaking of Calvary I think I am going there tomorrow. Maybe we'll see you. Hopefully you have your key back now!
- Ed RiveraI know... It turned out to be a good evening instead of being stuck waiting. See you tomorrow at church!
No comments:
Post a Comment