- November 14, 2013
- Marybeth SattlerHey, how are you doing? I thought I would send you a list of some fun things to do in Manila since I'm not sure when I'll see you again.
- Marybeth Sattler1. Corregidor Island- This was an important place where there was a battle during WWII because of the hard work of the American and Philippine soldiers Australia and New Zealand were saved from invasion. Also, I saw a wild monkey here which was cool. 2. Fort Santiago- if you are interested in history
- Marybeth Sattler3. Green Hills Christian Fellowship (GCF) was the church I went to 4. If you want to be Filippino you should try eating balut- its a fully formed duck embryo...I'll let you decide if you are feeling brave or not.Ok there is more but lunch is overgtg see you later!
- November 14, 2013
- Ed RiveraHey! I'm okay... Super loooong day but okay lol How are you... had a good lunch? Yeah, Idk when I'll see you again either. I'll be gone for a while... til just after Christmas.Thanks for the list! On these long trips I do try to take a few days off to be a touristI do like history so I'll definitely stop by Ft Santiago... and WWII history AND monkeys??Awesome! Hadn't made the connection with Manila & WWII, but of course there is!I'll try to make it to GCF. It's in Manila?Fully formed duck embryo... I usually try everything at least once but idk about this! Lol! Did you ever have some??Ok you'll have to let me know some more... You can be my tour guide from far, far away lol!See you later!
- Ed RiveraAlso... I pray your friends from the Philippines that might still be there are safe!
- November 14, 2013
- Marybeth SattlerHey, where are you now? I am in Atibaia for the weekend. My moms cousin lives here...who knew?! So that is cool! Why was you day long? Work stuff? GCF is in Manila. Let me know what Sunday you think you will go and I can check to see who I know that still goes there and maybe they can show you around. I did eat balut (the duck) for my birthday at GCF during our Bible Study. My Philippine friends got it for me. It wasn't the worst thing ever but it makes for a good story... and it was on fear factor so I feel like its quite an accomplishment. . When I get home I'll check my list for other things, but I do remember that a good shopping market is called Greenhills. Pearls are really cheap in the PH and Greenhills is a great place to get them. You can get necklaces, earrings, etc. for your mom, sister or whoever. Some of my favorite jewelry is from there. They also have clothes, crafts, and souvenirs. I got some nice Christmas decorations and other things for my house. There are little men who will come up to you and say DVD ma'am sir? Just say no. ( not that I think you would follow them, but I always remember that about Greenhills and other markets.) they want you to follow them and buy some knock off DVD. Thanks for praying for the people in the PH! Ok more later. Have a nice night!
- Ed RiveraI'm in Uruguay... Just got here today buts it's nice so far. Atibaia sounds nice - in the country? Or still São Paulo? You're mom's cousin? Yeah that's pretty random!My day wasn't long bc of work stuff... Just one oft those days when everything goes wrong and I ask my self 'what in the world am I doing in Brazil?' Just that kind of day.I'll let you know which Sunday I'll be there. I still have to plan how long I will stay. So you can be on fear factor! Impressive! idk you're making it seem like I have to try it lol... We'll see.I'll check out the market to buy souvenirs and crafts and stuff. I'm not a big souvenir buyer lol, but it's worth checking stuff out. When I do go somewhere far or exotic I do usually get souvenirs for friends/family.Bootlegged DVDs... for the long plane ride home? Ha jk yeah I wouldn't follow those guys.Ok see you later! Enjoy the long weekend (if you get the holiday off). I had no idea there was a holiday lol! Anyway... Have a good night!
- November 15, 2013
- Marybeth SattlerYes I am up in some mountains in the north so it's nice. They have a big open home so it's nice to get away from my apartment. I understand the Brazil frustrations. There are many great things here but I definitely miss the US too! I do get this holiday off so it feels like a saturday and I got to sleep in today...so nice. On another note the plane ride is forever long from the Ph so maybe you should try the DVDs. Are you flying for the US or Brazil? Have a good day!
- November 16, 2013
- Ed RiveraWow hope you enjoy the mountains! It's always nice to get out of the city. I really wish I had a day off... I need to sleep in!That will be a loooong flight! I haven't decided yet, but most likely I'll be flying to the US first.Have a good day and enjoy your weekend in Atiaba!
- November 17, 2013
- Marybeth SattlerOk, I'm back home and have the rest of the list here. You should definitely ride on a Jeepney and on a trike. They are everywhere and its just an interesting experience. My first time on a trike I was hanging out from the waist up! I don't know if I mentioned this, but the biggest mall in Asia is there... and it has a really cool name..."Mall of Asia". There are a lot of other malls with bowling, ice skating, movies etc., but most of that you can get in the U.S. Well enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
- November 19, 2013
- Ed RiveraHey! Thanks for sending the rest of this... I have a lot of planning to do now ! A Jeepney and a trike? Trike sounds like a tricycle lol Mall of Asia... Sounds like a creative name lol. I didn't expect the largest mall in Asia to be in Ph... I thought it would be in Chiba or something. Pretty cool.How was the rest of your time in Atiaba over the weekend?
- November 22, 2013
- Marybeth SattlerHey, yes a trike is pretty much like a tricycle. I'll attach a picture...its high class transportation!! I would expect China to have bigger malls too, and maybe the Philippines just says that to get people to visit. Anyway, Atibaia was great. It was nice and relaxing. Where do you go after Uruguay?
- Ed RiveraYeah looks like great transportation! Lol I can imagine you hanging out of one of them haha! After Uruguay I came to Argentina, but not for work... I finally get a few days of traveling just to relax! But I did come with some work friends. The other guys that do the same thing as I do for other regions. We came to Patagonia. We got in this morning and went to see a glacier today. It's amazing!Glad you enjoyed Atibaia! How's everything else?
No comments:
Post a Comment