Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Facebook: February 2014

  • February 25, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey how are you doing? This is random, but I saw another guy with the same background on his profile picture. He lives in the Philippines though, Harold Lapuz. I don't actually know him, but he commented on a picture my friend tagged me in. Anyway I thought it was interesting that you both had the same photo!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey Marybeth! I'm great... how are you? So I went to your profile to check it out lol! Crazy! He does have the same profile pic as me! AND his cover photo is the Chicago skyline! Pretty random lol
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    wow that is so weird! I'm also not sure why my friend tagged me in a photo of a turtle...and I haven't talked to that friend in forever, but anyway I thought it was cool
    where was that photo taken?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Maybe she thought you like turtles lol... Jk some people seem to just randomly tag other people when they post pics.
    I took the picture at a wax museum in London.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ha wow that is completely random! Philippines, Chicago, London, Brazil...I think we're just missing Africa
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yup haha! If there was an Africa connection it would be way weird lol
    How's everything at PACA? Do you get vacation for Carnaval?
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    PACA is good! It's been busy the past week or so, but that is good. We get Monday-Wed. off next week. No one is really going anywhere that I know of except Elizabeth. I might go to this little rustic "farm" with the family of one of my students for a few days. Other than that I will probably just be around here. They are having me move to a different apartment over break as well. How about you? Where are you at now? I can never remember!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I'm changing apartments too! I just found out though... My landlord told me today he wasn't renewing my lease even though we had already agreed to renew it. So I have to move out Saturday. I'm in São Paulo... But I leave on Monday night for a work trip to Mexico and Colombia.
    Is it the same farm you went to before? Ataiba or something like that?
    I was going to go with the Calvary group that Elizabeth is going with and come back on Monday to catch my flight. But now that I have to move I can't go.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    oh wow! I am having renter problems too. My renters in MI signed a 2 year contract and now they are leaving in July and only staying one year! Oh man where are you going to move to?
    no I did go to Atiabaia, but that was someone different...this is a little over an hour south of where we are here at paca
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Oh wow... Now you have to find new renters! That'll be hard to do all the way from down here! I'm not sure where I'll move to. I called the agent as soon as I found out. He's going to show me some places tomorrow.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ok wow...what a change in plans!!!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    I know! It's so crazy! I hope I find something. I live in temporary housing so it shouldn't be as hard as it normally is... And the agent has helped me like three times before.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    oh that is good...does this happen a lot?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yeah... But usually with more time and preparation. Since I'm in temporary housing it's kind of hard because I'm never really "settled in"
    Makes adjusting to life in Brazil a bit hard I think... I'm trying to work with my company to help me get more settled or for them to just send me back home.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    ah ya i know...i don't really want to decorate or do much of anything because i might move, but i get warning here...that sounds really challenging!!
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    i'm going to bed have a good night! You'll have to let me know how things turn out with your apartment!
  • February 26, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Hey so I fell asleep last night... But yeah it'd be nice to get some warning! So are you still going to live on campus at PACA?
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    About my apartment, the agent got back to me today with an apt in a building I really liked when I first came to SP, but it was very expensive then. It's much cheaper now and the owner accepted my offer... hopefully I'll have a place to move to soon! Talk to you later... Have a good day!
  • February 26, 2014
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Hey, yes I will still live here on campus, just in a different building. I'm glad you got the better apartment! I hope things go well with the move this weekend!
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Thanks! We're supposed to sign the contract tomorrow morning. If it all works out it will be the fastest transactions of any kind in Brazil for me! I've never seen anything happen that fast here! I'm so thankful because otherwise I'd have nowhere to stay or keep my things.
  • Marybeth Sattler
    Marybeth Sattler
    Oh wow how great! I understand...the document process here takes forever! I can't imagine trying to figure out housing! I love situations like that where you have to trust God and then you can see how He works things out in such amazing ways!! That's one good thing about living in Brazil!
  • February 27, 2014
  • Ed Rivera
    Ed Rivera
    Yup! Things here have definitely tried my faith and patience!
  • February 28, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment