- December 1, 2014
- Ed RiveraYeah I thought you meant something else... But I've only ever seen parakeets as pets! What time did you end up getting to paca last night? Are you tired today?
- Marybeth SattlerOk, so we got in a bit before 4:30 and I was in bed by 5. Somehow my alarm did not go off!!! I went home and checked my IPAD at lunch but it is on for the right time and the volume is up so idk what happened. Anyway, my roommate came home to check on me at 8:15 b/c the principal sent her! I was in such a deep sleep and so confused when I woke up. I knew I said something to her about clothes and I asked her later. Evidently I said, "Do I need to get dressed now?" She was like...ya...she said, I wasn´t sure how to respond to that. Yikes, I have never slept through work, but my principal was really nice about it and all my kids were sitting perfectly at their desks in learning position waiting for me! Ha, those cuties! I got ready and was to work in 5 min. ...I´m pretty sure that is my record. Anyway, not my proudest moment...
- December 1, 2014
- Ed RiveraWow! Crazy story! That is the worst!! Good thing your principal was nice about it... There's always a first time for everything!I'm sure you'll make up for lost sleep tonight!
- December 2, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey were you able to wake up early today?
- Marybeth SattlerHa yes! I went to bed at 9:30 and set two alarms last night. Yesterday I told my Portuguese teacher that I was not going to go to class because I was really tired and needed to go to the grocery store. She told me her flight was supposed to land at 5 AM yesterday, but it was late and landed at 7 and she came straight to school. She arrived at 10AM.
- December 2, 2014
- Ed RiveraWow! You can never really make plans the way traffic works here! I had a meeting on Paulista today and it took so long to get to my next meeting that I missed it. I didn't have the number or email of the guy I was meeting so I couldn't tell him I was late! I guess that's why Brazilians sometimes don't show up to meetings.
- Ed RiveraHey cn I call you? What's the best # to reach you? I have this one 97619-5031
- December 2, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerOh man, ya I forget how much I hate the traffic when I am just at PACA, but when I get out in it I am quickly reminded...like on our way to the airport! The traffic in Argentina seemed much better. Anyway, yes you can call. I don't know if you are mostly using your American phone, but my US number is 616-855-2275, my Brazilian home phone is 5929-9529 that I share with my roommates.
- December 3, 2014
- Ed RiveraI only use my US number for quick calls. Even though I don't pay for it, it's still expensive. I use a Skype app on my phone that lets me make voice calls over wifi, or I use my office phone.I'm waiting for AT&T to unlock my broken phone so I can buy a SIM card here and use it.
- Ed RiveraAnyway... If you're not up to anything today/tomorrow evening, do you want to grab dinner at one of São Paulo's best sky-high vistas?Of course I only mean Golden Grill in Interlagos... But Time Out SP makes it sound so much more sheeky lol...and I have no idea how to spell chic in Portuguese haha
- Marybeth SattlerHaha a chic sky-high vista sounds good! I think today works better for me.
- Ed RiveraGreat! 6:30/6:45 sound good?
- Marybeth Sattlerya, maybe 6:45/7. I am getting a massage until 6 and sometimes the traffic is bad on Kennedy this time of day
- Ed RiveraCool... So I'll be by paca around 7
- Marybeth SattlerOh sorry...if you are coming here 6:30/6:45 is fine.
- Ed RiveraEither way works for me. Were you planning on driving there?
- Marybeth Sattleractually i guess one of the cars broke down and so that is why the other girl took the car i was going to use...anyway, if it works for you to come here that is good so she can keep the car
- Ed RiveraOk I'll go to paca. See you later
- Ed RiveraHey I'm running a bit late. There was total gridlock when I walked out so I'm taking the metro out there then a cab from the Primavera-Interlagos station.I missed the first two trains because they were so full I couldn't push my way on haha
- Marybeth SattlerYikes, that sounds terrible...do you want me to try and meet you somewhere? Where are you now?
- December 4, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey I think we stayed in Recoleta in Buenos Aires.
- Ed RiveraOh that's a nice area to stay in!The first time I went we toured an old cemetery there with elaborate graves. Eva Peron (from the Madonna movie) was buried there.Hey today I kept thinking about you swinging on that vine yesterday You're pretty adventurous and a lot of fun to be with!
- December 5, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerI went near an old cemetery too on my walking tour, but we didn´t go in. Anyway, flying (or falling!) from vines was fun!
- Ed RiveraIt sure was! Hey would you like to go to the movies with me this weekend?
- Marybeth SattlerSounds good...when works for you?
- Ed RiveraAny day works for me... today or tomorrow.
- Marybeth Sattlerok ya me toomaybe tomorrow?
- Marybeth Sattlermaybe the traffic would be better, but either way is fine
- Ed RiveraYeah you're right... Getting anywhere tonight will be crazy!
- Marybeth SattlerOh São Paulo!
- December 5, 2014
- Marybeth Sattlerwhat time are you thinking?
- December 6, 2014
- Ed RiveraGood morning:) sorry I turned in a bit early last night. I guess that depends on movie time and if we'd like to eat before/after the movie. I'll look up movie times and call you later this morning to see what kind of movie you'd like to see and what place we can watch it at.
- December 6, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey I just got home...they were late at the appointment i'll message you when i leave...i should get there about an hour or so after that
- Marybeth SattlerOk, i'm leaving now
- December 7, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerSo tonight I had a bus situation just a little like you described when you were coming here. It was not miserable at all, but when I went to get off I could not get through all the people! Then the bus driver closed the door and started driving on! I was like ahh...someone yelled something and he stopped and opened the door again...whew! On the plus side I took a different bus and it was faster, plus it was at the terminal and left soon after I got there so I got home in less than an hour! I also sat next to the cutest little 6 year old girl who talked to me the whole way home. I could hardly hear her tiny voice, but I understood some and pretended to understand the rest. Are you going to BSF tomorrow? I hope your SKYPE conversation goes well.
- December 8, 2014
- Ed RiveraGood thing someone yelled out for the driver to stop! It's also great you found a new bus route to get you there faster! Maybe pretending to understand a 6 year old girl made the time go by faster My Skype call was postponed so I took a nap and went to dinner with the girls. They were still at the restaurant at dinner time.
- Ed RiveraI did check the guys Skype status and he's actually in Clarkston, MI. I don't know where I got Cooper from.Also, I am going to BSF today. If you can come a bit earlier, do you want to meet at the the Starbucks by Berrini before BSF?
- December 8, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey, I don´t think I will be there early tonight, but thanks for asking
- Ed RiveraOk... See you later
- Marybeth SattlerSee you soon
- December 8, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey our class went very late today so I didn't get a chance to say bye. Good night
- December 9, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey, no problem. I thought you had already left. Did you hear where Lauren and Felipe were Sunday? They drove to Rio and back! Lauren was so tired yesterday.
- December 9, 2014
- Ed RiveraYeah Felipe messaged me on Sunday night saying that he'd be back really late and wanted to stay at my house. I was at dinner and one of the girls took my phone and replied a bunch of nonsense to Felipe. When I got home I stayed up to wait for him but he ended up saying he could make it home.
- Ed RiveraSo now I'm flying out of Guarulhos tomorrow morning so I'm staying at his house so I don't have to wake up super early.
- December 9, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerOh that will be nice. When is your flight?
- Ed RiveraHey I finally got a Brazilian number! I tried calling you to test it but I keep getting a weird message. I think it's not registered correctly so I have to check what's wrong.Anyway... When I finally get it fixed my number is 9-4106-7520
- Ed RiveraAh finally got it to work! The call went thru but you weren't home. But at least I know it works!My flight is at 11am. I'm going to Paraguay and get back on Friday afternoon.
- December 10, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey, its great that you have a number. Hopefully that will make life a bit easier. Did you make it to Paraguay? I hope your hotel is better than the story you told me about the sketchy one! I just got my yellow fever shot so I should be good for Macapá. Oh here come the kids...screaming b/c of the rain...yikes!
- December 10, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey I made it to Paraguay! I've had an interesting day... There's all kinds of people and you can expect pretty much anything to happen! My hotel is much better... I picked it out and the other people who came with me changed their original reservations to stay at my hotel. Hope the kids didn't scream your ear off!
- Ed RiveraHey I tried calling you during my downtime between my meeting and dinner but the call wouldn't go thru...I wanted to ask you if you'd like to go on a picnic with me on Saturday.If it doesn't rain I'm sure ibirapuera will be great!
- December 11, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey, so was it people from Paraguay that were interesting or people from other countries you are meeting with? The kids were coming back from library and they were crazy, but just for a minute because then they went home. What number did you try calling? The house or my cell? Saturday might work. What time were you thinking? I have to be in my classroom by 4 I think.
- December 12, 2014
- Ed RiveraIt was both the people from Paraguay and the others who came from Uruguay. But it was a crazy day overall... From getting into the country, to dealing with some interesting fellows, to getting a flat tire... I started writing about some of it but it was turning into a novel lol Maybe I can tell you about it when I see you instead.
- Ed RiveraGood thing the kids went home soon after they got riled up! Oh and good thing you got your yellow fever shot too. Were you able to go to Congonhas to get the international certificate?
- Ed RiveraOn Wednesday I was calling your house number. I think it wasn't going thru from my end though because the message I kept getting was in Spanish. I also tried my skype app for calling the but the wifi here is so bad. Ugh!! The wifi is so bad that I've felt like throwing my iPad at the wall!
- Ed RiveraAnyway, about Saturday... I remember now that you said you had the Christmas program. If you don't have too much prep work and you're still up for it we can go at 11 or 11:30... I was also thinking we could go to a different park that's a lot closer to paca than Ibirapuera. I've never been, but I've heard it's very nice. It's right off the Marginal in Morumbi.
- December 12, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerOh man, it sounds like a crazy day! No I didn´t go to Congonhas yet...maybe Monday or this weekend sometime. Tomorrow sounds good. I don´t really have to prep. I just have to get ready. I didn´t have to do much for this program.
- Ed RiveraGreat! I'll look up directions and stuff. It's called Parque Burle Marx. Also... I'll think of a backup in case it rains
- Ed RiveraSo I'm at the airport and they've got these big comfy seats and a guy playing the harp. Never seen that before at an airport!
- Marybeth Sattlerwow, sounds so relaxing! ...maybe the harp is for Christmas
- Ed RiveraAh yes... I hadn't thought of that. But he's not playing Christmas music!
- Marybeth Sattlerha oh...well maybe not then
- December 13, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey is it ok if we meet at the Granja Julieta station... Or Santo Amaro station if that is easier for you? I ended up staying at Felipe's because we were working on his robot cases business. My phone died and the power went out so I couldn't charge it.
- Marybeth SattlerSure that sounds good. Is Granja Julieta closer? Either one is fine for me.
- December 15, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey, thanks for a great day. My e-mail address is msattler16@gmail.com. Thanks for coming all the way back to PACA with me.
- Marybeth SattlerSo I just realized I don't have those presents...did we leave them at the paderia?
- Ed RiveraOh no! I left them by the big comfy chairs at the padariaI'll call them in the morning to make sure they hold them.
- Marybeth SattlerHaha I never even realized it. I can pick it up tomorrow night when I go by there for BSF.
- Ed RiveraOk... I'll let you know what they say when I call. Sorry... I totally forgot!I had a great day too... I wouldn't miss spending that extra time with you on the way to paca
- December 15, 2014
- Ed RiveraThey found the bag! They said they'd leave it by the register for you to pick up. I told them you'd be there in the evening.
- Marybeth SattlerCool, thanks! Hope your long day(s) of flying go well.
- Ed RiveraAh... Yes. Hopefully I make all my connecting flights. I'm at the airport now getting ready to go. Felipe came by and we had lunch at Olive Garden so my wait at the airport wasn't bad. Talk to you later.
- Marybeth Sattleroh yum! I was hoping to get there when we went to Argentina or coming back from Macapá, but we didn´t have time when we went to Argentina b/c of traffic and my flight gets in at 11PM from Macapá...maybe a little late for pasta!
- December 15, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerToday I met with the people I will travel with and I asked them about the Internet in Macapa. They said there is Internet, but it goes in and out b/c it is jungly. (is that a word?) I guess the signal is not that great.
- December 16, 2014
- Ed RiveraAww... I hope it's not too bad. Otherwise it'll be long couple of weeks. Too jungly? We can make it a wordSo I'm in Colombia now at one of my connections. The flight from here is delayed by 9 hours!! But it turned out to be perfect! One of those moments where God made everything work out!When I changed my flights, most flights for this week were sold out. I booked a flight from São Paulo to Miami on United (which actually goes through their partner airline Copa), and a flight from Miami to Santo Domingo on American Airlines.But the only flight I could find left me only 30 min in Miami so I was pretty sure I would miss the flight. I was just crossing my fingers hoping they would bump me to the next flight.I thought running the risk was worth the change so I could go to Paraguay (and be in São Paulo on the weekendSo my flight out of Bogota is 9 hours late and United got me a ticket on a flight that gets to Miami at just the right time for me to make my Dominican Rep flight!Now I could be there for all my meetings! So anyway... Long story and i don't even know if it all makes sense lolBut hey! I've been traveling forever and it's 4:30am São Paulo time. It's 12:30am here and my flight leaves at 2am
- December 16, 2014
- Ed RiveraOh I just remembered... Were you able to pick up the bag at the padaria?
- Marybeth SattlerYa, I hope the Internet is not too bad either. I asked about calling my family for Christmas through my IPAD and she seemed to think it should work, so hopefully that means it will work on the other days as well? So 9 hours! Yikes, are you just sitting in the airport that whole time? What do you do? I´m so glad God worked things out so you can make your meetings and I´m even more glad you were in São Paulo this last weekend! Hopefully the 9 hours wasn´t terrible. Will you get to sleep at all on the plane before all your meetings?I did get the bag last night. They had it there waiting for me. Thanks for calling! Kim and Katie (my friends who I used to ride to BSF with) were there so I hung out with them while they finished eating dinner before going to BSF.I went to the airport first to try and get the certificate for my Yellow Fever shot, but evidently the place is only open until 5 Mon.-Fri. ...so that was a waste of a trip, but I think I can try again on Friday since we don´t have school. I was hoping to go on Saturday since I have to go there anyway to fly out, but they are closed on the weekends too.Do you know when you fly in on the 2nd? My flight is supposed to land at 11 PM.
- December 16, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey! You home? Is it too late to call? Don't want to wake your roommates.
- Marybeth SattlerJust a second...i'm on the phone with my parents
- Marybeth Sattlerok maybe more than a second
- Ed RiveraNo worries... I'm not going anywhere for a while
- Marybeth Sattlerok we're done...i will just answer the phone fast so it doesnt ring muchi brought it upstairs
- Ed RiveraNow my phone's not working
- Marybeth Sattlerhaha oh nodo u want to use something else?
- Ed RiveraI'm gonna try voice FaceTime. Not video cuz I don't have wifi
- Marybeth Sattlersounds good...i'm in bed so w/o video is great
- December 17, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey Is your day as full as yesterday? I think I´m done teaching for the year. The kids are at library now and tomorrow is just an assembly. ...pretty easy!
- Ed RiveraYeah it is pretty full. But they just gave me a few minutes to myself to answer emails and stuff. They brought me some tea that's made with a similar fruit as maracujá in Brazil and left me alone.Must feel nice to be done! Now all you have to do is pack for the jungle!
- December 17, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerYa! It's kind of weird at the same time. Lots of people are leaving tomorrow. I do have to pack, but I probably won't until Saturday. So today I drove past one of Sao Paulo's sky-high vistas. It actually was really pretty with sparkly water.
- December 18, 2014
- Ed RiveraMorning.... We have to go back there to make it in time to actually catch that sunset
- Marybeth Sattlersounds good So today the board gave out our end of the year gifts and we have to walk up in front of everyone to receive it. Pastor Bill F. gave me mine and he said something like, so is it true what I hear? I said, yes. He was like, well I think that is fantastic.
- Ed RiveraGlad he thinks it's fantastic!
- Marybeth Sattlerhaha yai´m so bored right now...my principal was supposed to check me out at 2, but i think she is running latebut i´m working on my blog...my mom told me i haven´t posted in a while so i figured i´d get on it
- Ed RiveraI saw you posted a few pics this week.So I thought I was gonna have an easier day. I was at the gym and somebody walked in saying they'd been looking for me. Turns out they added a last minute meeting with a client and I had to take a quick shower and run out. I didn't have time to cool down so I was sweating the whole time I was at the meeting!
- Ed RiveraSomebody was gonna pic me up to take me to lunch then the airport at noon. It's now 12:40 and they haven't come yet.
- Marybeth Sattleroh no! so we are both waitingwhat time is your fligh?flight?they can´t let you miss it can they?
- Ed RiveraThey were gonna take me to lunch first so I wasn't gonna miss my flight yet. I sat down to have lunch at the hotel because I was hungry, but they got upset that I had lunch without them haha! I'm at the airport now and my flight is in an hour.Did you have to wait much longer?
- Marybeth Sattlerha...well if they would have been on time I don't remember exactly when she came, but we ended at 3:30 instead of 2:15...and she's American! Its ok though because I don't really have anything to do tonight
- December 18, 2014
- Ed RiveraFaceTime in 5?
- Ed RiveraOoh I got all three seats to myself! I didn't ask you... How was your last day?Talk to you later
- Marybeth Sattlerooo bonus!!oh it was fine...kind of sad because everyone was leaving, but maria and i are watching Home Alone now so that is fun
- December 19, 2014
- Ed RiveraI'm home!! On the way here Grand Rapids came up on the screen as a point of interest
- Ed RiveraOh and Home Alone...Best. Movie. Ever.
- December 19, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerOhhh, Grand Rapids is a great point of interest!! Now I know our population too! Ha I can never remember when people ask me. Glad you are home. I bet your family is so happy! Yes, I really wanted to watch that movie since it's almost Christmas.
- Ed RiveraYup they are happy! My friend is getting married today so a bunch of us are staying at my brothers house. We went to sleep late, then I had a conference call for work at 4am and another one at 5:30am (Chicago time). I'm trying to get some sleep before we have to be up, but now I can't fall asleep!
- Marybeth SattlerOH wow! Conferences at 4 and 5:30? Where are the other people?You'll be falling asleep during the wedding!
- Ed RiveraI sure will be! They're in London. They have a Christmas party that starts at noon so I had to schedule the calls really early.
- Ed RiveraTwo more weeks til January 2! But in the meantime you're off to Macapa! Don't swing on too many vines in the jungle
- Marybeth SattlerYea!! Ha I will try to avoid vine swinging...but if the opportunity presents itself...I may have to try again. ...to practice up! Actually, one of the little boys who I am going with is in the hospital. So...I don't really know what is going on. THey haven't said anything to me so I am assuming we are still planning to go, but I'm not sure what will happen.
- December 19, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey, what was the name of the app. that I can use to pay you for the shoes? Were they about $35?
- Ed RiveraNo way! Hope the kid is ok. But also hope your trip isn't cancelled!Yeah it was $35. The app is VenmoBut I owe you for the Christmas offering
- December 19, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerYa, I hope not too! Someone today said the air up there will be better for him so it probably won't be, but I would feel better hearing from them. I sent them an e-mail today because I don't know what time we are leaving tomorrow. We'll see what they say. I downloaded the app., but when I try to register it says it is not available in my area. I turned off my location services and it still says the same thing.
- Ed RiveraDoes the kid have asthma or something? Let's see what the parents say. Is your iPad set to the US on the regional settings? We can also figure it out when I get back. Or depending on your US bank you might be able to send it electronically to me by email.
- Marybeth SattlerYa, he has asthma. Let me check on the settings.Ok, I think so ...under region format it says US
- Ed RiveraLet me check how it's set up on my phone.
- Ed RiveraIdk... I just added my debit card info and it worked.Not sure what the deal is. I use it from Brazil all the time.
- Marybeth Sattlerhmm ok well i can check and see if i can transfer money with my bank
- Ed RiveraOk... Don't forget the cash you want me to take for you.Oh and can u please remind me? I sometimes forget stuff like this lolSo I'm just kinda sitting around waiting for this wedding reception to start. I've known this friend for a long time, but I don't really know any of his family. They sat me apart from the few people I know.
- Marybeth SattlerOk, so I know I transfer money from my bank account to another outside account so I think I can do it. I looked it up and it looks like I need the name of the institution, account number and routing number.ya I can remind you...thanks for doing it for me!oh man i wonder why they set you apart...that could be a little boringdid you sleep a little more later/?
- Ed RiveraNo problem... Or "Imagina" lolI'll send u my bank info laterI did sleep a little bit more, but not much more.
- Marybeth Sattlerhaha ya that is my new favorite word...but i have not used it yet...someone used it today with me though when i stepped on his toe!!
- Ed RiveraI feel ok tho... It'll prob catch up with me later and I'll be super tired.Really?? For stepping on their toe? So it's not than just thank you?
- Marybeth Sattlerya, good excuse to leave the reception if you get bored over there by yourself...Sorry, I just flew in and I'm really tired.like no problem...don't worry about it
- Ed RiveraYeah I could always use that... And the time difference in São Paulo. Then everybody always asks "Is it really that much??"So is it quiet at paca with most people gone for the holidays?
- Marybeth Sattlerhahayes and no...it was an then these people were knocking on my door tonight...there are no windows so i couldn't see who was thereanyway they were talking to me in Port., but fortunately I could understand and respondmy roommate is having a Christmas party, but has not been home since early yesterday afternoonanyway, some people got here early to set up i guessha then she showed upi am going to go to Prisca's and watch a movie with herMiles is still in the hospital
- Ed RiveraWait so Miles is in the hospital too? I thought we were talking about the other kid... One of the ones you bought the presents for.
- Marybeth Sattlerya both of them! both with asthma
- Ed RiveraSo you're like who's out there?? And couldn't see or understand? I guess that could be pretty scary with a lot of people out of town!
- Marybeth Sattlerits crazy they have both been there several days this weekha ya, but I could understand so that helped
- Ed RiveraWow poor kids
- Marybeth Sattlerand they were girls...so less scary!I know i feel so bad...Miles' was real bad in the middle of the night on Tuesday, and I was with Samuel (the one we bought the presents for) on Monday and he sounded horrible when I was at their house. THey dropped me off at PACA and took him to the Dr. then.
- Ed RiveraAw I've seen my nephew sick (he has asthma too) and it's no fun to see a kid like that
- Marybeth Sattleroh really, he has it too? no funthe lady i went to the feita with a couple weeks ago has been chatting with for a while...its so much work typing in Port.!
- Ed RiveraYeah... Poor little guy
- Ed RiveraAh... Yes that's the worst!!Is it on your phone?Or iPad?
- Marybeth Sattlerno on here, so i use the translator someipad
- Ed RiveraCuz the iPhone has predictive text so it makes it easier.Your iPad should have that too
- Marybeth Sattleroh i could change the settings to port. thereoh...but wouldnt that change everything to predicting Port.?b/c i'm chatting with you and Prisca too
- Ed RiveraBut even with that it's a lot of work!
- Marybeth Sattlerha ya!
- Ed RiveraWow... You're a multitasking master!
- Ed RiveraYeah... You can add other keyboards in your settings. Then there's a globe button that appears by your space bar that lets you switch back and forth easily.
- Marybeth SattlerOh that is so cool! thanks!I'm going to go to Prisca's now. Hopefully the reception starts soon!
- Ed RiveraOk... Have fun! Yeah hopefully it does start soon.Wish I was there with you instead
- Marybeth Sattlerme too ...2 weeks!!!
- Ed Rivera2 weeksI just heard the reception hasn't started because the bride lost one of her fake eyelashes. I know it's mean... But I still thought it was funny
- Marybeth Sattlerhaha that is great!! did they announce that? i would be so embarrassed!
- Ed RiveraNo I overheard it walking down the hall lol
- Marybeth Sattlerhaha oh ok...that is really funnyok i am actually going now...i was on the phone a second ago
- Ed RiveraOk.. Bye!
- December 20, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey did everything work out with the family that's going to Macapa with you?
- December 20, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerSo I ended up calling them last night and the little boy is still in the hospital. They think he will be released this morning and fly tonight! The dad was like, ya the air up there is better for him. I said, Can he fly the same day as he gets out of the hospital? The dad was like ...sure no problem! Our flight doesn't land until 3 AM so we will travel for about 7 or 8 hours because our flight leaves at 7 something. But his dad seemed to think it would be ok. The dad said if the little boy is not released he will stay with him and I will travel with his wife and the other little boy. So I guess I am going eithe way, but I sure hope little Samuel is ok!
- December 20, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerSo I was just thinking about a week ago about this time
- Ed RiveraLast week... Awesome day! I'm still super happy!Wow! That's a long flight! But good thing you'll get to go either way.
- Marybeth SattlerSo....actually there are some problems i guessI have been sitting here for an hour and a half b/c they said they would pick me up at 3 or 3:30well shortly after 4 i tried to call themthey didn't answer so I was sending them an e-mail when the guard called and said Valmir (the dad) called and he would call back in 30 min....WHAT?? He is going to call back in 30 min.? We are going to miss our flight, what is going on?SO I tried calling again and I got ahold of him and he said that the Dr. was supposed to come at 9 this morning, but he didn't and now he is supposed to come at 6 tonight to see if Samuel can be releasedwell, even if he can i don't think we can make our flight...anyway, Valmir is calling the airlines to see if we can switch our tickets to tomorrowI bet they are super frusterated with the Dr., but I wish they had called me or e-mailed me or somethingso i guess i still don't know if we are leaving today or not, but it seems like we probably won't
- Ed RiveraOh wow that's a lot of back and forth... He actually went to paca and said he'd be back in 30 min??
- Marybeth Sattlerno he called the guard and said he would call back...but that really told me nothing, but it made me nervous
- Ed RiveraYeah I bet...
- Marybeth Sattlerlike um it is already an hour late and now we are going to wait 30 more minutes? what for?i'm glad i got ahold of him so at least i have a little idea of what is going on
- Ed RiveraIs the boy out of the hospital already?
- Marybeth SattlerNo, so he said if the Dr. comes soon his sister will come pick me up, then meet up with them at the hospital and then we will go to the airport, but our flight is at 7:15 so I kind of doubt we will make that, and I am assuming his sister would have to get their luggage from their house too
- Ed RiveraOh wow... It might be better to just try to change it to tomorrow.Is the flight from Congonhas?
- Marybeth Sattleryaso that is good
- Ed RiveraSo if you stop at the hospital then head over to Congonhas you technically still have time to make it.
- Marybeth Sattlerya, so hopefully the dr. comes soon and his sister can come over here...i was thinking i could just meet them at the airport
- Ed RiveraMeeting them at the airport might be a better idea. But if you go I think you should prepare for the possibility that they won't make it
- Marybeth Sattlerso i just called to say i could meet them there and he was like no you will all go together and we are trying to change the flight for tomorrow
- Ed RiveraIs it a Gol flight
- Marybeth Sattleri don't know actuallyi'll checkI think it isonly part of the e-mail came through when they forwarded it to me, but the e-mail address looks like it is from Gol
- Ed RiveraI think it's easier to change a gol flight than a tan flight.
- Marybeth Sattleroh well that is goodhow was the reception last night?
- Ed RiveraAhh! You must me so frustrated! I know I would be!The reception was ok... But it was very long.
- Marybeth Sattlerya i don't really mind going tomorrow, but i wish they would have let me know b/c i have been sitting her forever and i don't have any food left etc., but there isn't anything i can really do so...maybe i can go to church tomorrow which would be great...one more Christmas service in English!!
- Marybeth Sattleroh sorry to hear that...did anyone you knew end up coming over, or was it just people you didn't know the whole time
- Ed RiveraYeah that's the thing... I feel like people don't like giving bad news so they try to make it, but end up having to change plans anyway.
- Marybeth Sattlerha ya...like maybe if we say nothing it will all work out
- Ed RiveraAfter we finished dinner we were walking around so I got to talk to people I know
- Marybeth Sattleroh that's good
- Ed RiveraYeah you'll also get another English Christmas service!So what are you gonna eat now that all your food is gone?
- Marybeth Sattlerwell i can run up to the store by me, and i have a couple things that are frozen i can defrost...so its fine, i was being dramaticsome cheese...always a good option
- Ed RiveraLol! You can eat cheese like a mouse
- Marybeth Sattlerhaha ya
- December 20, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey can I call your US number? Do you have to be connected? Because the call doesn't go thru from my phone.
- Marybeth SattlerHey, yes you can call me. The number is 616-855-2275. Did that number not work? If not let me know your number and I will try calling it from here.
- December 21, 2014
- Ed RiveraGood morning ...well afternoon for you lolWere you able to go to church or did they change the flight?If you do call me from the airport my number is 630-292-8004Hope everything works out!
- December 21, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey, I am at home.So I went to church and spent the afternoon with the Charleton's.I called Valmir this morning to see what the plan was and he said they will pick me up at 4:30 in the morning and we will fly out tomorrow because all of the flights for today were full.I'm not going to be able to see youAhhhh sorry...I pushed the wrong button!I was just playing with a new feature on my iPad and I meant to hit delete, but I accidentally hit send!
- December 21, 2014
- Ed RiveraAfter the birthday lunch at church I went to Costco with my sister, her husband and kids. I hadn't seen them yet since I got in on Thursday.Now we're on our way to dinner and I'm watching the planes movie in the car with the kids
- Marybeth SattlerOh fun!
- December 23, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerWe got here last night, but there is no wifi ...they said we might go to a place with wifi sometime. they have air conditioning at night! And so far it isn't too hot. If i get to a place with internet i will send you some pictures of the river from the plane.How is your cold?
- Ed RiveraHi! Glad you made it! AC at night is awesome... Especially with that really hot weather.
- Ed RiveraI'm kind of scared that my cold might be horrible... The symptoms are building slowly. I feel tired all day and sometimes my muscles ache and my throat hurts. But it's all very mild. Nobody can tell I'm sick. So it's either gonna build to a nasty cold or just be something mild that I fight off.
- Ed RiveraSo what's it like so far? Have you walked around Macapa yet?
- Marybeth SattlerOh no that is terrible especially at christmas
- Ed RiveraYeah... Worst timing ever!
- Marybeth SattlerWe went around a bit last night...we ended up having 2 connecting flights snd missed our 2nd connection because the other plane took off late. But we went to belem which means bethlehem in english which was coolAnyway there is a fort here thst we will go to during the day sometime, but we saw a little of the outside
- Ed RiveraYeah that's cool... You got stuck in Bethlehem right before Christmas!
- Marybeth SattlerWe drove around some and there are some nice christmas lights. There is alsoa place where lots of people were running that is really windy fromthe river...its cool because there are waves coming up on the shore like a lake but they are also going out at the same time so it looks cool
- Marybeth SattlerAnd the breeze was really niceHa ya it was funny to get stuck in bethlehem before christmas!What have you been doing?
- Ed RiveraSeems like a great place! I want to see the Amazon sometime!
- Marybeth SattlerHopefully you can sleep a lot to kick the coldYa it is nice
- Ed RiveraYesterday I took my nieces to see the new Annie movie. I worked a bit in the afternoon, then I had dinner with some old friends. We went to one friend's house and she cooked.I did take a short nap... But I think I do need to sleep more
- Marybeth SattlerOh i didn't there was a new Annie movie. I used to love that movie. I bet the girls had fun.
- Ed RiveraYeah they did... And I gave them tons of sugar lol! They were so hyper after the movie!
- Marybeth SattlerHaha niceSo theygave me the baby just now...last night whenever she saw me she cried anyway i guess she is ok today:)
- Ed RiveraYou were making the baby cry?? HahaIs the other boy still sick?
- Marybeth SattlerHaha whenever she looked at me she cried Great! I don't know about the other boy. I guess he is ok because he is playing but they keep giving them both lots of medicine. Last night the younger ones breathing did not sound so great ( we are all in one room) but they are happy and having fun
- Ed RiveraWow! Fresh fish!Do they clean it and cut it in front of you?
- Marybeth SattlerWell iwas not with them when they bought ot this morning but the dad here in a native from the interior and he goes fishing most mornings. Anyway i think if i understood correctly he spears them and told me he was going to push me in the river to get them after he spears them
- Marybeth SattlerBut i would like to see him spear them!
- Marybeth SattlerHey my credit card company sent me a letter that my card was compromised and they are canceling it and will give me a new one. Could you bring it back for me? If not it is no problem because i can ask lauren or someone else too.
- Ed RiveraHaha! You could swim around and collect the dead fish... Then get eaten by piranhas!Maybe you could try to spear them!Yeah of course I can take your credit card. If you need me to take other stuff let me know.I'm not taking much back with me so I've got some space.
- December 24, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey so I was just in the bathroom and I remembered you when I flushed the toilet... Not that flushing toilets remind me of you lol! Anyway... When I flushed the water was spinning counter-clockwise. So when we're back on the southern hemisphere we can check which way it flushes... If we're lucky enough to find a toilet where the water actually goes round instead of down.
- Ed RiveraSo I googled Macapa and it really is in the middle of nowhere! But it also looks like it's pretty cool... Hope you're having fun!Miss you...
- December 24, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey i miss you too...wish you could be here with me and i wiash i had internet so we could talk...i went on therivertoday and putmy feet in...sorry for the spelling,.. this is my friends device..anyway, i got some good pictures...last night we went to the equator.Haha glad you think of me when flushing tje toilet!! Ha, but i thought of you too since we are by the equaator. I think i am north of it right now.What is your address where i should send the card? Thanks forbringing it back for me?So they cant saymy name so they call me mary poppy then lolly pop then miss estados unidos but never marybeth its really funnyHow is your shin doing?So the toilet here goes straight down..ha not much helpMacapa is in the middle of nowhere...when we flew in there was really thick jungle under us right until we landedMerry Christmas Eve!
- Ed RiveraMerry Christmas Eve!It must be pretty awesome to be in the thick jungle... Even if it is the middle of nowhere. The only drawback is that we can't talk muchSo when we're back in São Paulo we can try to find a toilet that flushes the normal way lolMy shin is doing fine... I just have a scab from where I was bleeding before. But my cold got worse I had a horrible headache last night and I rarely get headaches.I had some mint and lemongrass tea I had never seen that before... But it made me smile and feel better.My mom had it in her tea box. She has all kinds of teas.
- Marybeth SattlerYa..the city here isnt thick jungle, but across the river it is. I dont know how much to askabout going to a place with wifi...but hopefully soon!Ooo sounds goodBut iam sorry u feeel so bad right now!
- Ed RiveraIt's not so bad though. I can be up and around and stuff. Just feel achy and stuffy. But I guess I got my brother and my dad sick.Now we're all blaming that poor old lady that sat next to me on the plane lol
- Marybeth SattlerOh no ...right!Crazy sneezing lady!
- Ed RiveraYou can send your card to:325 East Myrick Ave. Addison, IL 60101
- Marybeth SattlerOk...just put your name on the envelope?
- Ed RiveraOh and btw... You jinxed me! Now my credit card info got stolen! Yesterday there were a like 30 different transactions in Brazil. One was from a surf shop!So now I'm getting a new card too.Yeah you can put my name on the envelope.
- Marybeth SattlerHaha oh no! Thats crazy...was it in rio? What credit card company?
- Ed RiveraThey were all in São Paulo, except for the surf shop. I don't know where that was. But they said on the phone it was in Brazil.There was like 5 transactions from a place called Serafim something... Isn't there where we ate salads last Sunday??I have a Chase card
- Marybeth SattlerOh i'm not sure...maybe someone there took your numberOh mine is discoverI need to go :(get better soon, and merry christmas!
- Ed RiveraOk... Talk to you later! Merry Christmas!Have fun!
- December 25, 2014
- Ed RiveraMerry Christmas! Hope you're having a great Amazon Christmas... and I get to be with you in a week and a day!
- December 26, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerYea! I can't wait. i never thought that i wouldn't have any internet here!How was your Christmas?
- Marybeth SattlerWe went to someone's house. I was in the kitchen tslking with my friend Claudia and the lady whose house we were at when there was this little explosion that hit the house and we heard things falling. Everyone looked worried. I didn't know what happened for a while, but i found out later that some of the charcoal from the grill combusted and it went flying everywhere...on the tops of cars etc. Anyway everyone was laughing later.
- Marybeth SattlerIf you have extra space could you get me two of these bottles of vitamins, or really any women's multiple vitamins...http://www.amazon.com/One-A-Day-Womens-Multivitamin-Tablets-100-Count/dp/B000052YT2/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1419595972&sr=8-13&keywords=womens+vitaminsIt is kind of funny to be searching on Amazon while i am in the Amazon!
- Ed RiveraMy Christmas was great! On Christmas Eve I had dinner with my parents and my youngest brother and we watched a couple of movies. Christmas morning all of my other siblings came over for breakfast and we exchanged gifts. Then we had Christmas dinner with my dad's side of the family.
- Ed RiveraSo you had the grill explode for Christmas?? Funny if the charcoal would've landed in a stocking. Then somebody would've gotten s lump of coal lol
- Marybeth SattlerOh your Christmas sounds really nice. Haha i didn't think of the lump of coal, but that is really funny! The presents you thought of were perfect for the kids! Claudia loves the puzzles because they are educational and the boys and i woerked on them today. It was fun and gave us something to do. The baby had fun eatting and throwing her book, and the little girl loves Peppa Pig,... we watch it everyday! Ha Anyway thanks for your help buying everything
- Ed RiveraGlad the gifts worked out! I actually forgot what they were lol! I only remember the puzzles. But I do remember we kept seeing Peppa Pig everywhere!How was your Christmas?
- Marybeth SattlerBut yesterday we went to some people's house and ate fish.It was fine. We didn't do much. Christmas Eve was better because I rode on the boat on the river and we went to church.Then we came back to the house...after the explosion that is.The messages were sent in the wrong order because one didn't go throuh at first
- Ed RiveraOh yea I was gonna ask you about riding on a boat in the river. I think you mentioned that they might take you on one of those riverboat tours. Was it something like that?
- Marybeth SattlerIt was a friend of their's so not exactly a tour but more of a private tour i guess. it was really cool. I got to ride on the roof of the boat for a bit.
- December 27, 2014
- Ed RiveraPretty cool! And you got to sit on the roof! Nice! It's like being in a lead-in scene in a movie... Sitting on the roof of a boat in the middle of the Amazon river.
- Ed RiveraSo hey... Bad news. I keep saying I'm gonna see you on the 2nd. My flight is for Jan 2 but I arrive the morning of the 3rd
- December 27, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerMy flight doesn't get in until 11 pm on the 2nd so it is kind of late anyway.Ya, it was funon the river. We are going to another part of the river today...i think!
- December 27, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerSo we went to a different river and i went in this canoe thing and it sunk. It was really funny. How is the cold doing?
- Ed RiveraHaha! So you has to swim in the river?The cold is fine... Upper 30s and 40s. And rain. It's like fall!But a cold front is coming thru and it'll be in the single digits tomorrow.
- December 27, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHa actually i didn'tswim much then, but hung from this little tree until we got some of the water out of the boat and could make it back.Sorry i meant your cold...sore throat etc. but i am glad that it isn't too cold there ...yet!
- December 28, 2014
- Ed RiveraAh yes my cold finally got worse. It still hasn't been too bad, but bad enough. Last night I had a bad cough. Today I was sooo tired. I went to sleep at around 7pm. I woke up at 1:30am and now I can't sleep! I still have a bad cough and a stuffy nose. Hopefully I can get a bit more sleep.
- Ed RiveraSo what's the water like on the river? I imagine it to be murky for some reason.
- December 28, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerAw I' m sory you can't sleep... that is the worst when you know you need it to feel better.The water is really murky and brownWhen i put my feet in i could not even see them and the water was not even up to my anklesBut yesterday we were at a different river that was cleaner
- December 28, 2014
- Ed RiveraI ended up falling asleep shortly after I messaged you. Today I've been sleepy all day!Hey does the house you're in have a landline? Maybe I can call for a little bit some time this week.So there's more than one river there?
- December 29, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey so tomorrow i am going somewhere with wifi at 7:30 in the morning but i should be there until 1pm or so ...if you want you can message me when you get up and i can call uou themYou thenThe river we were at yesterday was smaller, but yes there are some other rivers...i suppose they lead to the Amazon?Ok hopefully we can talk tomorrow!
- Ed RiveraAwesome! I'll let you know when I can talk tomorrow! Talk to you soon
- December 29, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerHey we are leavingmaybe we can talk on Skype of whatsappcan you send me your name?
- Ed RiveraAw I was just about to say I was readySkype: edrivera02Whatsapp: +1 630 292 8004
- Marybeth SattlerHey we are trying to call you on whatsapp but it keeps saying that the number does not exhistIf you are there can you call us...55 01511 999554090
- Ed RiveraI'm not sure how it works. I thought I was using Whatsapp's calling feature but I guess I wasn't.
- Marybeth SattlerHey sorry about that
- Ed RiveraI think I can use my Skype app to call that number
- December 29, 2014
- Ed RiveraHey, so I finished my meeting and I'm just gonna drive home. Hope you had a good day
- Ed RiveraBack at the Grand Rapids exit
- Marybeth SattlerHey, how was your meeting? We went to a park tonight anf the kids played. Then we got ice cream.Ahh Grand Rapids Its a good place. So you decided to go home tonight. Drive safely
- Ed RiveraMy meeting went very well! Made it home! Ooh I want ice cream now!
- December 30, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerOhgood, I'm glad your meeting went well. The guy didn't seem too crazy?
- December 30, 2014
- Ed RiveraHe was a lot calmer this time. He went over some of the projects he works on and everything seemed great.
- Marybeth SattlerOh that is good.
- Marybeth SattlerOk, sorry I couldn't really hear anything
- Ed RiveraThat's ok... I could hear everything.
- Marybeth Sattlerhacan you send me your number again and i will try to call from a different app
- Ed Rivera630-292-8004
- December 30, 2014
- Ed RiveraNice talking to you earlier I'm glad u calledBut I was so tired and drowsy. I didn't go into Starbucks. I ended up going home and took a long nap!
- Marybeth SattlerGood, i'm glad we could talk too...I wasn't sure if it was a good time but I figured I'd call since I was able
- Marybeth SattlerGood, i'm glad we could talk too...I wasn't sure if it was a good time but I figured I'd call since I was able
- Ed RiveraGuess what?? I get to see you in just 4 days!!
- December 31, 2014
- Marybeth SattlerDo you feel less sleepy now? Hopefully you can sleep tonight without more Nyquil so you don't feel so drowsy tomorrow.Wahoo!!!
- December 31, 2014
- Ed RiveraI did finally get a good night's sleep!
- Marybeth SattlerOh good! Happy New Year's Eve! Do you have plans? I think we are going to church, but earlier I thought we wrre going to that guys house who was going to cook for us so we shall see.
- Ed RiveraI'm gonna go to church for NYE. Too bad I won't be around to give you a midnight kiss on New Year's I'll send you one long distance... and I'll try calling you.
- Marybeth SattlerI was thinking the same thing. We aere missing all the good holidays. Anyway i should be around got 2 jours or so if you want to call me here on whatsapp like before2 hours
12/31/14Ed called you.
12/31/14You missed a call from Ed.
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Facebook: December 2014
- December 1, 2014
- December 1, 2014
- December 2, 2014
- December 2, 2014
- December 2, 2014
- December 3, 2014
- December 4, 2014
- December 5, 2014
- December 5, 2014
- December 6, 2014
- December 6, 2014
- December 7, 2014
- December 8, 2014
- December 8, 2014
- December 8, 2014
- December 9, 2014
- December 9, 2014
- December 9, 2014
- December 10, 2014
- December 10, 2014
- December 11, 2014
- December 12, 2014
- December 12, 2014
- December 13, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment